Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Cover

Elon Musk acquires Twitter for $44bn

Our Reporters by Our Reporters
April 26, 2022
in Cover
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The board of Twitter Inc. has accepted Elon Musk’s $44 billion offer for the company, bringing the much-talked-about deal to a close.

The takeover, if it goes through, would mark one of the biggest acquisitions in tech history and will likely have global repercussions for years to come related to how billions of people use social media.

Under the terms of the deal, shareholders will receive $54.20 in cash for each share of Twitter stock they own, matching Musk’s original offer and marking a 38% premium over the stock price the day before Musk revealed his stake in the company.

Musk first proposed the $54.20-a-share transaction on April 14, igniting a frenzied few weeks as Twitter leaders and Wall Street rushed to figure out whether Musk was serious or not. 

The deal comes after Musk revealed last week he had lined up $46.5 billion in financing to acquire the company, an apparent turning point that forced Twitter’s board to seriously consider the deal. 

The board met Sunday to evaluate Musk’s offer.

In his offer letter to Twitter, Musk says: “I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy. 

“However, since making my investment I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form. Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company.

“The Twitter Board conducted a thoughtful and comprehensive process to assess Elon’s proposal with a deliberate focus on value, certainty, and financing,” Twitter chairman Bret Taylor said in a statement. 

“The proposed transaction will deliver a substantial cash premium, and we believe it is the best path forward for Twitter’s stockholders.”

The deal would put the world’s richest man in charge of one of the world’s most influential social media platforms.

Previous Post

Tucano Jets delay, Military conduct not Kukah to be blamed, NEF tells Presidency

Next Post

S’East parades its presidential talents, as Anyim tells how he would rebuild Nigeria

Next Post

S'East parades its presidential talents, as Anyim tells how he would rebuild Nigeria

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Anambra Govt bans expensive condolence gifts
News

Anambra Govt bans expensive condolence gifts

by Ada Okafor
May 18, 2026
0

*Abolishes public display, dancing with caskets, others *Offenders risk ₦100,000 fine, six months imprisonment The Government of Anambra State has...

Read moreDetails
Fresh Killings: Suspend rhetoric, get to work, Atiku tells Tinubu

Rising debt servicing threatens development — Obi

May 18, 2026
Operation Lafiyan Jama’a winning the war as 6 Brigade Troops recover weapons, destroy bandits camps in Taraba State

US, Nigerian forces kill at least 20 ISIS militants in fresh airstrikes – AFRICOM

May 18, 2026
Cartels shift drug manufacturing to Africa

Cartels shift drug manufacturing to Africa

May 18, 2026
Charge or Release El-Rufai now Group charges FG, calls on opposition leaders to speak out

Wire Tapping: el-Rufai granted N100m bail

May 18, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng