Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Cover

Venezuela Supreme Court names Delcy Rodríguez acting president after Maduro’s capture by U.S.

Aminu Danladi by Aminu Danladi
January 4, 2026
in Cover
0
Venezuela Supreme Court names Delcy Rodríguez acting president after Maduro’s capture by U.S.
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Earlier on Saturday, Rodríguez partially blamed Israel for Maduro’s capture, alleging foreign involvement in what she described as an attack on Venezuela.

Venezuela’s Supreme Court on Saturday ordered Vice President Delcy Rodríguez to assume the role of acting president after President Nicolás Maduro was captured in an early-morning U.S. military operation.

In a ruling issued by the Constitutional Chamber, the court said Rodríguez would assume “the office of President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, in order to guarantee administrative continuity and the comprehensive defence of the Nation.”

The court added that it would further deliberate on the situation to “determine the applicable legal framework to guarantee the continuity of the State, the administration of government, and the defence of sovereignty in the face of the forced absence of the President of the Republic.”

Earlier on Saturday, Rodríguez partially blamed Israel for Maduro’s capture, alleging foreign involvement in what she described as an attack on Venezuela.

“The governments of the world are shocked that the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela is the victim and target of an attack of this nature, which undoubtedly has Zionist undertones,” Rodríguez said in a televised address convening a National Defence Council. “It’s truly shameful.”

Meanwhile, the White House’s official social media accounts shared footage showing Maduro being escorted through a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) building in New York City. The post was captioned, “Perp walked.”

Amid the rapidly evolving situation, the U.S. State Department reiterated its highest-level travel warning for Venezuela, issuing a Level 4: Do Not Travel advisory due to what it described as “severe risks to Americans.”

In a security alert dated January 3, the U.S. Embassy warned U.S. citizens against traveling to Venezuela, noting that the security situation “remains fluid.”

The embassy, operating from Bogotá, Colombia, said no commercial flights are currently operating in or out of Venezuela and urged U.S. citizens in the country to take precautions and remain aware of their surroundings.

“Venezuela has the highest Travel Advisory level, Level 4: Do Not Travel, due to severe risks to Americans, including wrongful detention, torture in detention, terrorism, kidnapping, arbitrary enforcement of local laws, crime, civil unrest, and poor health infrastructure,” the advisory stated.

The State Department also noted that in March 2019 it withdrew all diplomatic personnel from the U.S. Embassy in Caracas and suspended operations.

“All consular services, routine and emergency, remain suspended,” it said, adding that the U.S. government remains unable to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in Venezuela.

The advisory urged Americans not to travel to Venezuela and recommended that U.S. citizens already in the country establish multiple methods of communication with contacts outside Venezuela and enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates.

Previous Post

Bandits go berserk, kill 30, kidnap scores in Niger

Next Post

President Tinubu’s Legal Practitioners Bill seeks capture and reprisal

Next Post
NJC hammer falls on Justices Iyang, Ekwo, Aliyu, suspended for 1yr over misconduct

President Tinubu’s Legal Practitioners Bill seeks capture and reprisal

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
SGF condemns Benue killings, calls for collective action against insecurity
Cover

Tinubu orders Nwabueze’s arrest, suspension of 3 Perm Secs as another fake agency is detected in SGF office

by Eze Chidozie
August 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze in connection with the discovery of National...

Read moreDetails
US, Israel-Iran War: Tehran’s Archbishop evacuated to Rome

On the Relics of St Agatha

August 21, 2026
Chevron reiterates commitment to Yoyo-Yolanda Project as Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon sign agreement

CNL highlights regulatory imperatives at PENGASSAN Summit 

August 21, 2026
FCT doctors embark on three-day warning strike

Nigeria records 45,000 new HIV infections in 2025 — NACA

August 21, 2026
Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng