Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

I’m not working for Tinubu – Kwankwaso

Maurice Okosisi by Maurice Okosisi
May 21, 2026
in Politics
0
I’m not working for Tinubu – Kwankwaso
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

*Obi is the best candidate for 2027 

Former presidential candidate of New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP), now Chieftain of Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Rabiu kwankwaso has denied working behind the scenes for President Bola Tinubu, saying only a fool would believe that story.

Speaking on Wednesday night in an interview with Global TV, while reacting to claims by Sanusi Bature, spokesperson for the Kano State Governor, Abba Yusuf, that he was indirectly working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kwankwaso outrightly dismissed the claims, describing such as false.

The former Governor recalled that similar rumours had been circulated since his days in the NNPP stressing that his political commitment was for NDC.

“I think only foolish people would believe that. We are not working for anybody. We are only working for NDC.

“Bola Tinubu has been my senior brother and good friend up till now, but that doesn’t mean we shall pull all our political ideologies together with him.

“He is doing his own, and I am doing my own,” he stated.

The leader of the Kwankwasiya movement explained that his camp decided to support the former Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate, Peter Obi, in the NDC because they realised that the former Anambra Governor is the best candidate.

He said: “When we joined the NDC, we invited all our leaders from the six geopolitical zones, sat down and analysed at the situation. We thereafter decided to come together and work as a family.

“The party, in its own wisdom, decided to zone the presidential ticket to the south. We looked around across the zones, and we realised that Peter Obi is the best candidate. That was our assessment at that particular time.”

On his popularity in the North and mobilization of votes for Obi/ Kwankwaso joint ticket in the North-East and North-West, Kwankwaso expressed confidence that the coalition has enough time to convince Nigerians before the election.

“We are trying to convince the people, even those who are going about telling lies to try to take advantage of our differences in the country, which should be our strength, we are working on that.

“And I am happy to say that we are very lucky because from now till January 16, 2027, we have about eight months, which is enough time.

“Those who are telling the lies, the lies will come out, and people will also identify those who are telling the truth and are serious,” he said.

Previous Post

NCC reviews National Telecom Policy

Next Post

Fubara joins Rivers NDC guber race

Next Post
Fubara joins Rivers NDC guber race

Fubara joins Rivers NDC guber race

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Pension: Senate confirms Oloworaran as substantive PenCom DG
Business

Pension: Senate confirms Oloworaran as substantive PenCom DG

by Newsdesk Africa
August 21, 2026
0

By Sam Otuonye The Senate on Thursday, at plenary, confirmed the nomination of Omolola Oloworaran for appointment as the substantive...

Read moreDetails
Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu

Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu

August 20, 2026
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

2027 my final attempt at presidency – Atiku

August 20, 2026
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

I’ll restore subsidy if elected in 2027 – Atiku

August 20, 2026
214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng