Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Igbo group begins Tinubu’s re-election campaign with ₦200m donation

Maurice Okosisi by Maurice Okosisi
July 28, 2025
in Politics
0
Igbo group begins Tinubu’s re-election campaign with ₦200m donation
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A political support group, the South-East Renewed Hope Agenda (SERHA), in Imo State, has expressed its total support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu by presenting a cheque worth ₦200 million for him to purchase the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential nomination form for him ahead of the 2027 general elections.

The disclosure was made public during the inauguration and empowerment event held in Imo State. 

Speaking during the ceremony, the group’s national coordinator, Chief Belusochukwu Enwere, reaffirmed their commitment to supporting President Tinubu’s leadership and ensuring his return to office in 2027.

Chief Enwere said their goal is to strengthen grassroots engagement in the South-East and spread the message of the Renewed Hope Agenda. 

He described the President as a leader who is making real progress in several arwas like infrastructure, education, and inclusive governance.

“As ambassadors of Renewed Hope, we are tasked with working tirelessly towards the re-election of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu in 2027.

 “Today, we present a cheque of ₦200 million for the purchase of the presidential nomination form and associated logistics,” he said.

He also pointed to key federal projects in the region, especially the newly approved \$3 billion Eastern Rail Line. Enwere praised this development, saying it is the largest infrastructure investment ever seen in the South-East.

“This marks the first time any administration has budgeted over \$3 billion solely for a South-East transport project.

“It is significant to note that this project will slash transport costs, open new export channels, and revive dormant industrial zones in south east Nigeria as well as realigning South-East with the center by responding to calls for inclusion. 

“After the completion, this project will unite, redefine mobility, trade, investment in south east,” he stated.

Chief Enwere also highlighted the creation of the South East Development Commission (SEDC), noting that it will help the region grow with new roads, erosion control, and other development projects.

He added that the Renewed Hope Agenda stands for inclusive leadership and meaningful development. 

“The Renewed Hope Agenda is committed to showcasing visionary leadership, rooted in inclusivity, progressive governance, and strong institutions. 

“President Tinubu is committed to improving the lives of South Easterners and all Nigerians, enabling them to experience the benefits of Renewed Hope and democratic dividends,” he added.

The inauguration in Imo State was the last stop in the group’s South-East tour, having previously held similar events in Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi, and Anambra.

“With this inauguration today, we have concluded our inauguration in south east with Imo state.

“From August, next month we will begin to tour the 95 local government areas and 2,344 wards spread across its five states: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo State,” he said.

He also emphasized President Tinubu’s determination to make Nigeria better and said the administration is on a path of real change.

During the event, the group empowered locals by distributing items like sewing machines, hairdressing kits, motorcycles, mini buses, and offering cash support to help people improve their livelihoods.

Previous Post

MBF rejects Sultan, Ooni ad permanent Co-chairmen Traditional Rulers Council 

Next Post

TCN energizes power transformer at FUTO 132/33kV substation

Next Post
TCN energizes power transformer at FUTO 132/33kV substation

TCN energizes power transformer at FUTO 132/33kV substation

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
SGF condemns Benue killings, calls for collective action against insecurity
Cover

Tinubu orders Nwabueze’s arrest, suspension of 3 Perm Secs as another fake agency is detected in SGF office

by Eze Chidozie
August 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze in connection with the discovery of National...

Read moreDetails
US, Israel-Iran War: Tehran’s Archbishop evacuated to Rome

On the Relics of St Agatha

August 21, 2026
Chevron reiterates commitment to Yoyo-Yolanda Project as Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon sign agreement

CNL highlights regulatory imperatives at PENGASSAN Summit 

August 21, 2026
FCT doctors embark on three-day warning strike

Nigeria records 45,000 new HIV infections in 2025 — NACA

August 21, 2026
Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng