Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Police deny kidnapping of 10 officers in Kogi 

Mohammed Koi by Mohammed Koi
July 22, 2022
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Kogi State Commissioner of Police, Edward Egbuka, has debunked the news making the rounds that 10 police officers were allegedly kidnapped while returning from election duties in Osun State. 

He said the police officers had been accounted for by the command, confirming that the convoy of the officers was actually attacked by the bandits on Sunday but none of them was kidnapped. 

He added that when the said police officers were attacked all of them escaped into the bush to avoid being kidnapped. 

Egbuka stated further that when the dust settled down, all the 10 officers alleged to have been kidnapped returned from their hideout and rejoined their colleagues in Nasarawa State. 

Also, the Police Public Relations Officer in Nasarawa, DSP Ramhan Nansel, told Daily Trust that all their men that went on election duties had returned. 

“All our men that were deployed to monitor the election have returned to Nasarawa State successfully without any hiccups,” he said.

Previous Post

Non-Conflict Interventions For Peace In Anambra, Nigeria: The NEXTIER perspective

Next Post

Christian group holds free writing workshop in Lagos

Next Post

Christian group holds free writing workshop in Lagos

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Nigerians must take stance, determine where country is headed democratically – Obi
Cover

2027: Obi unveils prpduction-focused economic, security agenda

by Maurice Okosisi
August 22, 2026
0

*Urges Nigerians to reject ethnic, religious politics The presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Peter Obi, has unveiled...

Read moreDetails
Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

August 22, 2026
Power: FG seeks collaboration with EU

Geregu Power: Yari moves to settle outstanding bond obligation

August 22, 2026
2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

2027: INEC seeks Canada’s support on electoral technology, AI, inclusivity

August 22, 2026
Obi’s litigious reflexes vs Adeyanju’s burden of truth

Why Atiku’s subsidy gambit rattles Tinubu

August 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng