Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

FG explains withdrawal of $35.6m from Excess Crude Account

Eze Chidozie by Eze Chidozie
July 29, 2022
in Business
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Minister of Finance, budget and national planning, Zainab Ahmed, said President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration withdrew $35.6 million from the excess crude account for security.

Ahmed disclosed that the significant amount was withdrawn despite the administration not adding any funds in the last four years into the excess crude account, which was created in 2004.

It was reported that the Federal Government depleted the country’s Excess Crude Account (ECA) after withdrawing $35.377 million in May this year.

With this development, only $376,655.09 is left in the ECA, a savings buffer meant to steady the government’s revenue and serve as a bailout for the economy in dire times.

The Director in charge of Information in the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF), Henshaw Ogubike, disclosed this in a communique issued at the end of the monthly Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) meeting on Tuesday in Abuja.

The communique revealed that a total of N1.012 trillion was realised as revenue last month, but only N802. 407 billion was shared after some deductions.(BluePrint)

Previous Post

I told Buhari of terrorists’ plan to abduct him – el-Rufai

Next Post

Telecom subscribers to pay 5% tax on call, text, data, others – FG

Next Post

Telecom subscribers to pay 5% tax on call, text, data, others – FG

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
NNPCL announces milestone on AKK Pipeline, records 100% crude oil pipeline availability 
Energy

NNPC staff members’ exit plan sparks anxiety, political concerns ahead of 2027 elections

by Bature Magaji
May 20, 2026
0

An internal staff exit programme at the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), has raised anxiety among employees and drawn...

Read moreDetails
We are not a united nation; my goal is to bring Nigeria together – Obi

We are not a united nation; my goal is to bring Nigeria together – Obi

May 20, 2026
Troops kill 8 terrorists in Katsina

Nigeria–U.S. joint strikes kill 175 ISIS fighters, several top commanders — DHQ

May 20, 2026
Oyo Kidnapping: Esin-Ele leaders go spiritual

Oyo Kidnapping: Esin-Ele leaders go spiritual

May 20, 2026
Gunmen attack Amaechi’s convoy, burn ADC office in Rivers

My grouse with ADC leadership – Rotimi Amaechi 

May 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng