Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Eastern rail corridor project affected by insecurity, vandalism – Sambo

Chijioke Kanu by Chijioke Kanu
September 5, 2022
in Business
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Jaji Sambo has disclosed that work on Port Harcourt- Maidugiri Eastern rail line has been affected by insecurity and vandalism.         

Sambo, who spoke during the Ministerial inspection tour of the project at the weekend in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, said China Civil Engineering and Construction Company (CCEC), the contractor handling the rehabilitation and reconstruction of the project had complained of attacks on its workers along the rail corridor. 

A statement by Eric Orjiekwe, Director Press and Public Relations in the Ministry reported that Sambo was obviously very displeased by these acts and condemned it in strong terms, pointing out that in the history of Nigeria, no administration has invested more in rail infrastructure like the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. 

He used the opportunity to call on the media and the judiciary to collaborate with the Ministry to ensure that these economic saboteurs are not only exposed but prosecuted and sentenced speedily to serve as deterrent to others. 

On the issue that funds meant for the Eastern rail line is diverted to other projects, the Minister said it was fake news as the progress made so far is from the 15% of the counterpart funding by Nigeria while the 85% to be provided by foreign partners is still negotiated. 

Another area visited was the Naval Ship Yard, Port Harcourt; where after the tour, a very impressed Sambo promised to support the Navy to build the boats needed for the maritime sector. 

Previous Post

Uncertainty over PDP NEC as crisis hits Governors, BoT camps

Next Post

NIWA  gets two patrol boats to enhance maritime safety

Next Post

NIWA  gets two patrol boats to enhance maritime safety

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
SGF condemns Benue killings, calls for collective action against insecurity
Cover

Tinubu orders Nwabueze’s arrest, suspension of 3 Perm Secs as another fake agency is detected in SGF office

by Eze Chidozie
August 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze in connection with the discovery of National...

Read moreDetails
US, Israel-Iran War: Tehran’s Archbishop evacuated to Rome

On the Relics of St Agatha

August 21, 2026
Chevron reiterates commitment to Yoyo-Yolanda Project as Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon sign agreement

CNL highlights regulatory imperatives at PENGASSAN Summit 

August 21, 2026
FCT doctors embark on three-day warning strike

Nigeria records 45,000 new HIV infections in 2025 — NACA

August 21, 2026
Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng