Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

NISO, NBET Strengthen Collaboration for Efficient Electricity Market

Newsdesk Africa by Newsdesk Africa
August 19, 2026
in Business
0
NISO, NBET Strengthen Collaboration for Efficient Electricity Market
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By Gloria Akudoro

The Nigerian Independent System Operator (NISO) and the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc (NBET) are strengthening collaboration to improve electricity market operations and foster a more efficient, transparent and investor-friendly electricity market.

The Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of NISO, Engr. Abdu Bello Mohammed, stated this on Tuesday, August 18, during a courtesy visit by the Managing Director of NBET, Dr. Akinola Odeyemi, to his office in Abuja.

According to Mohammed, the two agencies have complementary responsibilities in ensuring that the electricity market operates efficiently and remains attractive to investors.

He said the overall objective of the agencies was to ensure stable and reliable electricity supply to Nigerians, adding that NISO was open to collaborating with NBET and other stakeholders to holistically address the challenges of liquidity in the sector.

His words: “I welcome you to NISO’s office and congratulate you on your appointment. Our organisation and NBET share a lot in common; while we manage the service aspect of the electricity market, you manage the energy. Historically, NISO and NBET have always worked in synergy, so what we need now is to improve that under the new leadership.”

Mohammed added that the goal of establishing the two agencies was to ensure that Nigerians enjoyed stable electricity supply, stressing the need for both organisations to work together to achieve the objective.

He said, “The Honourable Minister is someone with great vision and an open mind. We owe him and indeed Nigerians the obligation to unite under his leadership to share ideas and address the challenges in the sector.”

While describing NBET as a key agency whose responsibilities are closely linked to those of NISO, Mohammed assured that both organisations would work together to achieve the objectives of the Electricity Act 2023 reforms under the present administration.

On his part, the Managing Director of NBET, Dr. Odeyemi, commended NISO for its efforts to stabilise and improve the electricity market, noting that his organisation would continue to work closely with NISO to ensure that the gains recorded so far were sustained and improved upon.

He said his visit was aimed at strengthening relationships with sister agencies and identifying areas for closer collaboration.

“Upon my appointment, I thought it wise to visit and familiarise myself with sister agencies to see areas where we can work more closely together to achieve our overall mandates. Particularly, we are here to discuss further collaboration on market settlement, revenue alliance, coordination and the overall strategies to improve the electricity market,” Odeyemi said.

Odeyemi assured that under his leadership, NBET would continue to maintain a robust relationship with NISO and other agencies in the sector to ensure that the electricity market continued to grow and attract investment, ultimately translating into improved electricity supply across the country.

Previous Post

Tinubu, Obi, others sign peace accord over 2027 rlection

Next Post

FG commissions 100MVA transformer at Alausa, boosts substation capacity to 205MVA

Next Post
Power: FG seeks collaboration with EU

FG commissions 100MVA transformer at Alausa, boosts substation capacity to 205MVA

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
83 Nigerian returnees arrive in Lagos from South Africa
News

83 Nigerian returnees arrive in Lagos from South Africa

by Deji Akintola
August 20, 2026
0

A total of 83 Nigerian returnees arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, aboard a South African Airways flight from...

Read moreDetails
Tinubu appoints Enitan as head of Civil Service of the Federation

Tinubu appoints Enitan as head of Civil Service of the Federation

August 20, 2026
Tinubu dissolves committee on sale of federal assets

Tinubu orders 5-year nat. security threat assessment, defence plan

August 20, 2026
Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

August 20, 2026
Police arrest abductors of Bayelsa Judge

Police arrest suspect linked to attack on Plateau community 

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng