Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Iran missiles hit Southern Israel, over 100 Injured as defence systems fail

Adepegba Abioye by Adepegba Abioye
March 23, 2026
in Crime, World
0
Iran missiles hit Southern Israel, over 100 Injured as defence systems fail
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Iranian missiles have attacked two towns in southern Israel leaving more than 100 people injured on Saturday, according to emergency responders, after air defence systems failed to stop the incoming projectiles.

The strikes directly hit residential areas in Arad and Dimona, ripping through buildings and leaving large craters at the impact sites.

Magen David Adom said 84 people were wounded in Arad, with 10 in serious condition, while another 33 people were injured earlier in Dimona.

Iranian state television described the strike on Dimona, home to a sensitive nuclear facility, as a “response” to a previous attack on its own nuclear site in Natanz.

Rescue efforts were intense in Arad, where emergency workers combed through the debris of damaged buildings.

Firefighters battled a blaze sparked by the impact, while medics attended to the injured.

The Israeli military confirmed the interception failure and said it would review what went wrong. “The air defence systems operated but did not intercept the missile, we will investigate the incident and learn from it,” military spokesman Brigadier General Effie Defrin wrote on X.

Officials on the ground described scenes of destruction and confusion following the strikes.

The local fire service reported “extensive damage” to at least three buildings in Arad. Medic Riyad Abu Ajaj also spoke of the scale of the devastation, saying, “There was a lot of chaos at the scene,” as responders worked to reach victims trapped in the rubble.

Similar scenes played out in Dimona, about 25 kilometres away, where a large crater and shattered buildings marked the impact zone. Medics said they treated dozens of casualties, including a boy seriously injured by shrapnel.

Following the attacks, Israel ordered schools to switch to online learning, while Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed to press on with military operations, calling it a “very difficult evening.”

Previous Post

Terrorists bomb Niger Bridge, eight feared dead

Next Post

NBA Chairman hails FCT Minister for massive infrastructural dev’t within his territory

Next Post
NBA Chairman hails FCT Minister for massive infrastructural dev’t within his territory

NBA Chairman hails FCT Minister for massive infrastructural dev't within his territory

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Nigerians must take stance, determine where country is headed democratically – Obi
Cover

2027: Obi unveils prpduction-focused economic, security agenda

by Maurice Okosisi
August 22, 2026
0

*Urges Nigerians to reject ethnic, religious politics The presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Peter Obi, has unveiled...

Read moreDetails
Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

August 22, 2026
Power: FG seeks collaboration with EU

Geregu Power: Yari moves to settle outstanding bond obligation

August 22, 2026
2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

2027: INEC seeks Canada’s support on electoral technology, AI, inclusivity

August 22, 2026
Obi’s litigious reflexes vs Adeyanju’s burden of truth

Why Atiku’s subsidy gambit rattles Tinubu

August 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng