Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Maduro, wife to face trial for narco-terrorism, cocaine trafficking — US Attorney General

Maurice Okosisi by Maurice Okosisi
January 4, 2026
in News
0
Maduro, wife to face trial for narco-terrorism, cocaine trafficking — US Attorney General
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and his wife, Cilia Flores, will face trial in the United States on charges including narco-terrorism and cocaine trafficking, US Attorney General Pam Bondi confirmed on Saturday.

“They will soon face the full wrath of American justice on American soil in American courts,” Bondi said on X, announcing the indictment lodged in the Southern District of New York.

The charges include “Narco-Terrorism Conspiracy,” conspiracy to import cocaine, and offenses related to machineguns.

The indictment against Maduro was lodged in 2020, while the indictment against his wife had not been previously known.

The announcement follows the capture of the Maduros by US military forces, with the operation carried out in coordination with US law enforcement.

President Donald Trump, speaking from his Mar-a-Lago residence, described the operation as: “The United States of America has successfully carried out a large scale strike against Venezuela and its leader, President Nicolas Maduro, who has been, along with his wife, captured and flown out of the Country.”

This operation was done in conjunction with U.S. Law Enforcement,” Trump added, calling it “a brilliant operation” in a phone interview with The New York Times.

Trump’s administration in August had doubled a $50 million reward for information leading to Maduro’s capture, accusing him of leading the alleged “Cartel of the Suns” drug trafficking organization.

The operation coincided with US military strikes on Caracas, with reports that the elite Delta Force carried out the capture as bombs fell on the city.

Senator Marco Rubio said the US military action is complete.

He said, “No further action in Venezuela now that Maduro is in US custody.”

Deputy Secretary of State Christopher Landau hailed the capture as a “new dawn” for Venezuela, writing on X:”The tyrant is gone. He will now — finally — face justice for his crimes.”

The operation comes just two days after Venezuela offered renewed cooperation on combating drug trafficking and illegal migration.

Previous Post

Venezuelan President, Maduro captured by US Delta Force after missile strikes

Next Post

Canada deports 366 Nigerians as nearly 1,000 face removal

Next Post
Canada deports 366 Nigerians as nearly 1,000 face removal

Canada deports 366 Nigerians as nearly 1,000 face removal

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
SGF condemns Benue killings, calls for collective action against insecurity
Cover

Tinubu orders Nwabueze’s arrest, suspension of 3 Perm Secs as another fake agency is detected in SGF office

by Eze Chidozie
August 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze in connection with the discovery of National...

Read moreDetails
US, Israel-Iran War: Tehran’s Archbishop evacuated to Rome

On the Relics of St Agatha

August 21, 2026
Chevron reiterates commitment to Yoyo-Yolanda Project as Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon sign agreement

CNL highlights regulatory imperatives at PENGASSAN Summit 

August 21, 2026
FCT doctors embark on three-day warning strike

Nigeria records 45,000 new HIV infections in 2025 — NACA

August 21, 2026
Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng