Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Cover

Letter to Britain: Count me out of alleged plot to rig 2023 polls — Obasanjo

Eze Chidozie by Eze Chidozie
January 13, 2023
in Cover
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Thursday denied being part of any alleged collusion to rig the 2023 general elections in Nigeria.

Obasanjo spoke through his Media Aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

According to him, “the former President is not responsible for the viral stories on some discredited platforms on the forthcoming general elections in Nigeria”.

Akinyemi in the statement titled: “Rigging Claim, Letter to Britain: Obasanjo Not Responsible – Aide,” stated that the “viral trending story on the alleged plan by the former President to collude with electoral body in the Presidential election of February 25 is completely false” and fabricated to smear the high reputation of the elder statesman. 

He said apart from the open letter dated January 1, 2023 and the one addressed to the renowned historians, Prof. Toyin Falola on his 70th birthday, there had been no other public or private letter written to anybody by the former President.

It should be recalled that since Obasanjo openly declared support and Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, some persons who are hell bent on entrenching consumption and embezzlement of public funds in the polity, have resorted to all forms of subterfuge to bring down the integrity of the former president.

There have also been other forms of campaigns of calumny aimed at tarnishing the international reputation garnered over the years by Obasanjo.

Previous Post

University of Nigeria shutdown as Peter Obi storms Alma Mater

Next Post

Marwa, Amoa-Abban, Abdullahi others bag Forbes Award.

Next Post

Marwa, Amoa-Abban, Abdullahi others bag Forbes Award.

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Peter Obi, CON at 65: Extolling a visionary’s enduring influence
Cover

2027: Obi unfolds agenda as campaigns begin

by Deji Akintola
August 19, 2026
0

Peter Obi Media Office has outlined its principal’s core agenda as campaigns for the January 16, 2027 presidential election officially...

Read moreDetails
2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

August 19, 2026
INEC Chairman Amupitan not corrupt, insider faults Dalung’s claims

2027: INEC to deploys 1.4m staff in 176,000 polling units

August 19, 2026
Nigeria spends $10bn on food imports annually, says minister

Rising food prices signals failure of ideas, ADC taunts Tinubu

August 19, 2026
Electricity customers owe DisCos N497bn in 2024

NISO, NBET strengthen collaboration to improve Nigeria’s electricity market

August 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng