Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Police confirm abduction of Friday muslim worshippers in Borgu

Newsdesk Africa by Newsdesk Africa
August 22, 2026
in Crime
0
Senate expresses worry over Boko Haram resurgence, likelihood of spreading
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By Zagazola Makama 

The Niger State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of an unspecified number of Muslim worshippers by suspected bandits in communities within Borgu Local Government Area of the State.

The incident, according to security sources and eyewitnesses, occurred on Friday shortly after the conclusion of the weekly Juma’at prayers at the Central Mosque in Dekara community.

The victims were reportedly abducted from Gidan Zana, Masaka, Sabon Gida and other neighbouring communities in the area.

Among those reportedly taken away by the armed assailants is the 90-year-old father of the District Head of Dekara, according to local sources.

Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Niger State Command, SP Wasiu Abiodun, said security agencies had mobilised personnel for a rescue operation.

Abiodun said no death had been recorded in connection with the incident, while efforts were ongoing to locate the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.

He, however, disclosed that difficult terrain and poor road conditions were hampering the movement of security personnel responding to the incident.

According to him, a collapsed bridge linking the affected communities with the Borgu Local Government headquarters had further slowed down the deployment of security forces and the rescue operation.

The police spokesman said security agencies were working to overcome the logistical challenges and intensify the search for the abducted worshippers.

The latest incident has heightened concerns over the security situation in parts of Borgu, where remote communities are increasingly vulnerable to attacks and abductions by armed criminal groups.

Security sources said troops and other security personnel were expected to sustain search operations across the surrounding forests and possible escape routes used by the attackers.

The police urged residents to remain vigilant and provide security agencies with credible information that could assist in rescuing the victims and tracking down the perpetrators.

Previous Post

US court allows FBI to privately submit Tinubu-related files for review

Next Post

Why Atiku’s subsidy gambit rattles Tinubu

Next Post
Obi’s litigious reflexes vs Adeyanju’s burden of truth

Why Atiku’s subsidy gambit rattles Tinubu

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Nigerians must take stance, determine where country is headed democratically – Obi
Cover

2027: Obi unveils prpduction-focused economic, security agenda

by Maurice Okosisi
August 22, 2026
0

*Urges Nigerians to reject ethnic, religious politics The presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Peter Obi, has unveiled...

Read moreDetails
Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

August 22, 2026
Power: FG seeks collaboration with EU

Geregu Power: Yari moves to settle outstanding bond obligation

August 22, 2026
2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

2027: INEC seeks Canada’s support on electoral technology, AI, inclusivity

August 22, 2026
Obi’s litigious reflexes vs Adeyanju’s burden of truth

Why Atiku’s subsidy gambit rattles Tinubu

August 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng