Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Metro News

Wike signs 26,272 FCT Certificates of Occupancy 

Hassan Tanko by Hassan Tanko
August 17, 2026
in Metro News
0
How to protect your land from speculators, FCT penal laws
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has signed 26,272 Certificates of Occupancy (C-of-O) since President Bola Ahmed Tinubu assumed office, FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike, has disclosed.

The figure is 17,575 higher than the 8,697 Certificates of Occupancy produced and signed between 2010 and 2023.

A statement issued on Sunday by Lere Olayinka, Senior Special Assistant to the FCT Minister on Public Communications and Social Media, said 5,500 Certificates of Occupancy were produced and signed during the five-and-a-half-year administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, while 3,197 were produced and signed during the eight-year administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari.

The statement said many of the beneficiaries of the 26,272 Certificates of Occupancy issued under the current administration had received their land allocations more than 10 years ago.

It added that the issuance of Certificates of Occupancy was important to businesses because the documents could serve as collateral for commercial loans, mortgages and business expansion.

The statement further said the inability of property owners to obtain Certificates of Occupancy when needed had been one of the challenges facing small and medium-sized businesses, as it restricted their access to funding.

It said the FCT Administration had streamlined the process, allowing land allottees to receive their Certificates of Occupancy within two weeks of completing the necessary payments.

“The moment necessary payments are made, land allottees can now get their C-of-O within two weeks.

“Also, an automated notification has been introduced to ensure that land allottees are informed when their documents are ready for collection,” it said.

The statement attributed delays in the past to inefficiencies that discouraged some landowners from completing their payments.

It also said the FCT Administration had granted 2,521 Consents to Assign and 177 Consents to Mortgage during the first three years of President Tinubu’s administration.

This compares with 753 Consents to Assign and 180 Consents to Mortgage granted during the Jonathan administration, as well as 684 Consents to Assign and 164 Consents to Mortgage granted during the Buhari administration.

A Consent to Assign is a legal approval required for the transfer of an interest in a property, while a Consent to Mortgage is an official approval required before a property can be used as collateral for a loan.

Previous Post

Troops kill 5 terrorists, nab 9 IPOB/ESN suspects, intercept political thugs

Next Post

Suspected herdsmen kill many in fresh attack on Benue communities

Next Post
Suspected herdsmen kill many in fresh attack on Benue communities

Suspected herdsmen kill many in fresh attack on Benue communities

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Suspected herdsmen kill many in fresh attack on Benue communities
Crime

Suspected herdsmen kill many in fresh attack on Benue communities

by Aminu Danladi
August 17, 2026
0

Suspected armed herdsmen have reportedly killed several people in a fresh attack on communities in Mbaterem, Ukum Local Government Area...

Read moreDetails
How to protect your land from speculators, FCT penal laws

Wike signs 26,272 FCT Certificates of Occupancy 

August 17, 2026
Operation Lafiyan Jama’a winning the war as 6 Brigade Troops recover weapons, destroy bandits camps in Taraba State

Troops kill 5 terrorists, nab 9 IPOB/ESN suspects, intercept political thugs

August 17, 2026
NDLEA arrests India-bound bizman with cocaine, recovers N3.6b Colos, codeine

NDLEA arrests India-bound bizman with cocaine, recovers N3.6b Colos, codeine

August 17, 2026
Charge or Release El-Rufai now Group charges FG, calls on opposition leaders to speak out

El-Rufai files N10bn suit against ICPC 

August 17, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng