Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Court Judgment, a milestone in entrenching multi-party democracy, Says Mark

Hassan Tanko by Hassan Tanko
July 4, 2026
in Politics
0
Why we chose David Mark as ADC chairman – Atiku 
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The National Chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Senator David Mark, has described the Federal High Court judgment affirming his leadership of the party as a major victory for Nigeria’s democracy, saying it validates the ADC’s commitment to the rule of law and the country’s multi-party political system.

In a statement issued on Thursday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Kola Ologbondiyan, Mark said the verdict reaffirmed the legitimacy of the party’s leadership and underscored the constitutional rights of Nigerians to freely associate and participate in the democratic process.

According to the former Senate President, the judgment represents another important milestone in Nigeria’s democratic journey and reinforces the principle that democracy can only flourish when political parties are allowed to operate without intimidation or undue interference.

“From the outset, we had maintained that democracy can only thrive when political parties operate without intimidation, undue interference, or attempts to undermine legitimate opposition,” Mark said.

He added that the judgment demonstrated that no individual or institution is above the law and reaffirmed the judiciary’s role as the guardian of Nigeria’s constitutional order.

The ADC chairman commended the judiciary for what he described as its courage, impartiality and commitment to justice, saying the ruling was a triumph of truth and the democratic aspirations of Nigerians.

Mark reaffirmed the party’s commitment to constitutionalism, the rule of law and democratic governance, stressing that the ADC would continue to provide what he described as purposeful leadership as a credible opposition party.

He said the significance of the judgment extended beyond the fortunes of the ADC.

“This is not just a victory for our party; it is a victory for democracy, justice and every Nigerian who believes in a vibrant political system where ideas compete freely and the will of the people ultimately prevails,” he stated.

The former Senate President urged party members, supporters and other Nigerians to remain united and committed to building a stronger, more inclusive and prosperous nation through peaceful democratic engagement.

The Federal High Court had earlier struck out a suit challenging the emergence of Senator Mark and members of the ADC National Working Committee, holding that the dispute bordered on the internal affairs of the party and ordering the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to recognise the party’s current leadership.

Previous Post

PFIPC: NDC demands Gbajabiamila’s removal over Alleged fake agency, appointment scandal

Next Post

Isa Hamma Dashen: The Judge who can do anything and everything

Next Post
Isa Hamma Dashen: The Judge who can do anything and everything

Isa Hamma Dashen: The Judge who can do anything and everything

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Pension: Senate confirms Oloworaran as substantive PenCom DG
Business

Pension: Senate confirms Oloworaran as substantive PenCom DG

by Newsdesk Africa
August 21, 2026
0

By Sam Otuonye The Senate on Thursday, at plenary, confirmed the nomination of Omolola Oloworaran for appointment as the substantive...

Read moreDetails
Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu

Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu

August 20, 2026
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

2027 my final attempt at presidency – Atiku

August 20, 2026
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

I’ll restore subsidy if elected in 2027 – Atiku

August 20, 2026
214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng