Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Ex-Governor Saraki, others for trial over Offa bank robbery, charged with culpable homicide

Hassan Tanko by Hassan Tanko
April 18, 2026
in News
0
Ex-Governor Saraki, others for trial over Offa bank robbery, charged with culpable homicide
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Kwara State Government has officially filed a 20-count charge against former Senate President Bukola Saraki and former Governor Abdulfatai Ahmed over their alleged arming of top suspects convicted in the tragic Offa armed robbery incident of April 2018.

The other suspects are the Chief of Staff to Governor Ahmed Yusuf Abdulwahab and another aide, Alabi Olalekan.

The long-awaited trial with charge No: kWS/114C/26 will go on after the Court of Appeal upheld the conviction of the suspects, including Ayo Akinnibosun, who had confessed during trial, to being a hit man of Saraki’s political dynasty.

Saraki and others are to face a 20-count charge of culpable homicide and criminal conspiracy, among others.

They will be arraigned before Hon. Justice Haleemah Salman of the Kwara State High Court of Justice in Ilorin.

Recall that vehicles and some exhibits traceable to the crime scenes were recovered from the Kwara State Government House and a Government Ministry in 2018 and same were used as exhibits leading to the conviction of the suspects.

Although Saraki had denied knowing Akinnibosun, the two had been seen together in photographs taken during the wedding of Saraki’s child, even as Akinnibosun and his gang members also escorted Saraki to Offa on the condolence visit following the same Bank robbery.

“The two Ak47 rifles in my possession were given to me by the Chief of Staff to the Governor of Kwara State Hon. Yusuf Abdulwahab (third defendant) two days toward the congress election,” according to his proof of evidence already filed before the court.

“I head a group of political thugs working for Senator Bukola Saraki and the Governor of Kwara State Fatai Ahmed. 

He usually gives me money to share with my boys and recently he gave me a Toyota Lexus 300 Jeep with the name of Senator Saraki as the number plate. The last money he gave me was N500,000.

“I also know some of the other political thugs who are in Kwara Central with guns and who are sponsored by Senator Bukola Saraki, namely Alhaji Alawo, Alhaji Dona, and Alhaji Jawondo. 

“All the above-mentioned political thugs are also armed with rifles. I know about this because we are all working for the Senate President.”

Akinnibosun said he was called to join Saraki for the Offa condolence visit after the robbery by one Samson Bada.

“I then drove my Lexus Jeep and left to pick up Arrow and Adex-Adeola so we could leave together,” he added.

In his proof of evidence before the court, Yusuf Abdulwahab, the then Chief of Staff, admitted to giving Akinnibosun the Lexus Jeep as well as other groups.

He also said Akinnibosun and his group members visited Government House occasionally to discuss their empowerment and that the vehicle gift was at the instance of the then Government.

Previous Post

Police Inspector joins robbery gang, killed during operation

Next Post

Kidnapped security operative escapes, rescues two other victims

Next Post
Imminent Shake‑Up: Acting IGP Disu, DIGs share 1992 enlistment date, majority due for retirement in 2026

Kidnapped security operative escapes, rescues two other victims

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
NNPCL announces milestone on AKK Pipeline, records 100% crude oil pipeline availability 
Energy

NNPC staff members’ exit plan sparks anxiety, political concerns ahead of 2027 elections

by Bature Magaji
May 20, 2026
0

An internal staff exit programme at the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), has raised anxiety among employees and drawn...

Read moreDetails
We are not a united nation; my goal is to bring Nigeria together – Obi

We are not a united nation; my goal is to bring Nigeria together – Obi

May 20, 2026
Troops kill 8 terrorists in Katsina

Nigeria–U.S. joint strikes kill 175 ISIS fighters, several top commanders — DHQ

May 20, 2026
Oyo Kidnapping: Esin-Ele leaders go spiritual

Oyo Kidnapping: Esin-Ele leaders go spiritual

May 20, 2026
Gunmen attack Amaechi’s convoy, burn ADC office in Rivers

My grouse with ADC leadership – Rotimi Amaechi 

May 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng