Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Jos Attack: Why I addressed crowd from armoured carrier – Plateau Gov. Mutfwang

Eze Chidozie by Eze Chidozie
April 6, 2026
in News
0
Jos Attack: Why I addressed crowd from armoured carrier – Plateau Gov. Mutfwang
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State has explained why he addressed an angry crowd from an Armoured Tank Carrier (ATC) following the deadly Palm Sunday attack in Jos.

Speaking during an interview on  Politics Today on Channels Television on Friday, the governor said his decision was based on security advice and the need to effectively communicate with residents during a tense situation.

According to him, the height of the armoured vehicle made it easier to address the crowd and ensure his message was heard.

“From the height I stood, part of the reason they put me in the ATC was for me to gain height in order to address the crowd,” he explained.

The attack, which attracted widespread attention online, led to speculation that the governor might have been under threat.

However, Mutfwang dismissed the claims, insisting that his interaction with residents was largely peaceful.

He noted that as he spoke to the crowd, many residents reassured him that it was safe to approach them.

“As I addressed the crowd and they were comfortable that I had arrived, that’s why they were saying, ‘come, come,’ assuring me that I could come and that there was no harm,” he added.

The governor also said that public perception of the incident was influenced by short video clips circulating on social media, which he said did not fully capture what happened at the scene.

Mutfwang disclosed that he had been in Abuja attending official engagements, including the APC National Convention and security meetings, when he received news of the attack.

He maintained that although security operatives remained cautious, he personally felt safe among the people during the address.

Previous Post

Proposed Congress, Convention: You are not court, ADC replies INEC chair, wards off threats

Next Post

Another Tinubu’s minister resigns

Next Post
US court orders FBI, anti-drug agency to release investigation dossiers on Tinubu

Another Tinubu’s minister resigns

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Police arrest abductors of Bayelsa Judge
Power

Suspects arrested for vandalism of Nkalagu–Abakiliki 132kV transmission line

by Maurice Okosisi
May 19, 2026
0

The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has announced the arrest of two suspects in connection with the vandalism of Towers...

Read moreDetails
The power of a personal brand

Obi emerges NDC’s sole presidential aspirant for 2027 elections

May 19, 2026
ADC screens over 70 governorship aspirants for primaries

ADC screens over 70 governorship aspirants for primaries

May 19, 2026
Fire guts part of National Hospital, Abuja

Fire guts part of National Hospital, Abuja

May 19, 2026
Funtua Council Chairman meets bandits in Katsina on peace mission amid threats of U.S. military threat, sanctions

9 persons of interest arrested over Oyo school attack – Makinde

May 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng