Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Maiduguri Attack: Insecurity worsening under Tinubu, Turaki-led PDP alleges

Adepegba Abioye by Adepegba Abioye
March 17, 2026
in Politics
0
Killings: PDP urges decisive action
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Tanimu Turaki (SAN) led Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condemned the recent multiple bombings in Maiduguri, which reportedly claimed at least 23 lives and left more than 100 others injured, describing the incident as evidence of worsening insecurity under the current administration.

In a statement issued by its National Publicity Secretary, Ini Ememobong, the group said the attack underscores what it called the inability of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC)-led Federal Government to effectively tackle the nation’s security challenges.

“The recent multiple bombings are another incontrovertible piece of evidence of the inability of the APC-led federal government to curb the growing insecurity in the country,” the statement read.

The group said the attack adds to a series of violent incidents recorded since the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu assumed office, noting that insecurity has worsened over the years, particularly in Nigeria’s North-East region.

According to them, despite campaign promises by the APC to decisively end insecurity, the situation has not only deteriorated in the North-East but has also spread to other parts of the country previously considered relatively peaceful.

“Sadly, 11 years later, insecurity has not only increased significantly in the Northeastern part of Nigeria; it has spread almost uncontrollably to many other parts of the country,” the PDP stated.

The group also accused the Presidency of focusing more on political battles against opposition figures rather than addressing the country’s security concerns.

“Despite this glaring failure, the APC-led Presidency has devoted more time, energy, and resources to the task of political genocide against the opposition, instead of deploying the same to combat the growing insecurity,” the statement added.

While expressing sympathy with victims of the Maiduguri attacks and their families, the PDP called on the Federal Government to adopt a more strategic and inclusive approach to tackling insecurity.

“We call on the federal government to move beyond rhetoric in security matters and engage strategic stakeholders, especially community leaders, as part of a whole-of-society approach to combating insecurity,” Ememobong said.The group further stressed the need for urgent and decisive action to restore safety and public confidence, warning that insecurity has become a “lived reality” for many Nigerians

Previous Post

Atiku condemns Maiduguri bomb blast, urges Tinubu to change strategy 

Next Post

Tinubu orders Service Chiefs to Maiduguri after deadly suicide bombings

Next Post
Operation Lafiyan Jama’a winning the war as 6 Brigade Troops recover weapons, destroy bandits camps in Taraba State

Tinubu orders Service Chiefs to Maiduguri after deadly suicide bombings

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Police arrest abductors of Bayelsa Judge
Power

Suspects arrested for vandalism of Nkalagu–Abakiliki 132kV transmission line

by Maurice Okosisi
May 19, 2026
0

The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has announced the arrest of two suspects in connection with the vandalism of Towers...

Read moreDetails
The power of a personal brand

Obi emerges NDC’s sole presidential aspirant for 2027 elections

May 19, 2026
ADC screens over 70 governorship aspirants for primaries

ADC screens over 70 governorship aspirants for primaries

May 19, 2026
Fire guts part of National Hospital, Abuja

Fire guts part of National Hospital, Abuja

May 19, 2026
Funtua Council Chairman meets bandits in Katsina on peace mission amid threats of U.S. military threat, sanctions

9 persons of interest arrested over Oyo school attack – Makinde

May 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng