Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Judiciary

AGF takes over prosecution of Malami, son over terrorism, firearms possession charges

Mohammed Koi by Mohammed Koi
March 5, 2026
in Judiciary
0
Malami denies terrorism financing claims
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Attorney- General of the Federation (AGF), Lateef Fagbemi, SAN, has taken over the prosecution of former Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami and his son, Abdulaziz, over alleged terrorism and illegal possession of firearms charges.

The Department of State Services (DSS) filed a five-count charge against Malami and his son at the Federal High Court in Abuja.

When the matter was called on Wednesday, the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation (DPPF), Mr Rotimi Oyedepo, SAN, told the court that the case file had been sent to the AGF.

“My Lord, I was informed by counsel to the DSS that the case file has been transmitted to the office of the AGF,” Oyedepo said.

In view of the development, Oyedepo sought an adjournment to enable a review of the case file in order to take an informed decision.

For his part, counsel to the defendants, Mr. Adedayo Adedeji, SAN, did not oppose the application for an adjournment.

He, however, said that if the matter did not proceed on the next adjourned date, he would be compelled to apply for the charge to be struck out.

Responding, the DPPF said that the defence’s proposed application was futuristic and premature.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik subsequently adjourned the case to March 10 for trial to begin.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that on the last adjourned date, the court admitted the duo to bail in the sum of N200 million each, with two sureties in like sum.

They were, however, ordered to be remanded at Kuje Correctional Centre pending the perfection of their bail conditions.

As part of the bail conditions, the judge said that one of the sureties must own landed property in Maitama or Asokoro, Abuja.

She ordered that the title documents of the properties be deposited with the Deputy Chief Registrar of the court, alongside valid international passports.

The sureties were also required to depose to affidavits of means and submit two recent passport photographs to the court.

Malami and his son were further ordered to surrender their international passports and submit recent passport photographs to the court.

NAN further reports that the DSS had arraigned the duo on a five-count charge bordering on terrorism and unlawful possession of firearms.

In the charge marked FHC/ABJ/CR/63/2026 Malami is accused of refusing to prosecute suspected terrorism financiers whose case files were forwarded to him while he served as AGF and Minister of Justice.

Malami and Abdulaziz were also accused of warehousing firearms at their residence in Gesse Phase II Area, Birnin Kebbi LGA of Kebbi State, without lawful authority.

In count one, the DSS accused Malami of knowingly abetting terrorism financing while in counts two to five, the former AGF and his son are charged with unlawful possession of firearms.(NAN)

Previous Post

Failed opposition + failed government = doomed democracy

Next Post

IGP inaugurates 8-man committee on implementation of state police

Next Post
Imminent Shake‑Up: Acting IGP Disu, DIGs share 1992 enlistment date, majority due for retirement in 2026

IGP inaugurates 8-man committee on implementation of state police

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Nigerians must take stance, determine where country is headed democratically – Obi
Cover

2027: Obi unveils prpduction-focused economic, security agenda

by Maurice Okosisi
August 22, 2026
0

*Urges Nigerians to reject ethnic, religious politics The presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Peter Obi, has unveiled...

Read moreDetails
Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

August 22, 2026
Power: FG seeks collaboration with EU

Geregu Power: Yari moves to settle outstanding bond obligation

August 22, 2026
2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

2027: INEC seeks Canada’s support on electoral technology, AI, inclusivity

August 22, 2026
Obi’s litigious reflexes vs Adeyanju’s burden of truth

Why Atiku’s subsidy gambit rattles Tinubu

August 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng