Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Bandits attack Kwara communities, kill over 10 residents, burn houses in Kaiama Council

Aminu Danladi by Aminu Danladi
February 4, 2026
in Crime
0
Bandits attack Kwara communities, kill over 10 residents, burn houses in Kaiama Council
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Terrorists have launched a deadly attack on Woro and Nuku communities in the Kaiama Local Government Area of Kwara State, killing more than 10 villagers and razing several houses in coordinated assaults that plunged the area into fear and mourning.

It was gathered that the incident occurred on Tuesday evening when the armed assailants, believed to be operating from the dense forest of the Borgu National Park in neighbouring Niger State, invaded the rural settlements at approximately 6pm. 

Residents said the attackers arrived in large numbers, shooting sporadically and causing widespread panic as villagers fled for safety.

Eyewitnesses revealed that the gunmen moved from house to house, setting buildings ablaze and forcing residents to abandon their homes. 

Several villagers were reportedly caught in the crossfire as they attempted to escape, while others were killed in their homes. 

Many families have been displaced, with survivors seeking refuge in nearby communities.

Scenes from the communities show extensive destruction, with multiple houses reduced to the rubble and personal belongings totally burnt. 

Reacting to the incident, the Kwara State Government expressed deep sorrow over the loss of lives and the destruction of property. 

In a statement on Tuesday, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Rafiu Ajakaye, said Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, was personally monitoring the situation and had been fully briefed by security agencies.

“The Governor condemns the attack, which he says is a cowardly expression of frustration by terrorist cells following the on-going counter-terrorism campaigns in parts of the state and the successes so far recorded,” the statement read.

The state government further alleged that the timing of the assault was a calculated attempt to divert the attention of security forces who have recently recorded successes in hunting down kidnapping gangs and dismantling criminal networks operating around forested border areas.

According to the statement, Governor Abdulrazaq has directed security agencies to intensify counter-terrorism operations in Kaiama Local Government Area and its environs.

The governor extended his heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims and the entire Kaiama community, assuring them that the state government would work closely with security agencies to restore peace.

Previous Post

Muammar Gaddafi’s son, Said Al-Islam assassinated 

Next Post

NCC, Ookla alliance and QoS performance reports

Next Post
Carbon emissions and ICT sustainable development

NCC, Ookla alliance and QoS performance reports

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
NNPCL announces milestone on AKK Pipeline, records 100% crude oil pipeline availability 
Energy

NNPC staff members’ exit plan sparks anxiety, political concerns ahead of 2027 elections

by Bature Magaji
May 20, 2026
0

An internal staff exit programme at the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), has raised anxiety among employees and drawn...

Read moreDetails
We are not a united nation; my goal is to bring Nigeria together – Obi

We are not a united nation; my goal is to bring Nigeria together – Obi

May 20, 2026
Troops kill 8 terrorists in Katsina

Nigeria–U.S. joint strikes kill 175 ISIS fighters, several top commanders — DHQ

May 20, 2026
Oyo Kidnapping: Esin-Ele leaders go spiritual

Oyo Kidnapping: Esin-Ele leaders go spiritual

May 20, 2026
Gunmen attack Amaechi’s convoy, burn ADC office in Rivers

My grouse with ADC leadership – Rotimi Amaechi 

May 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng