Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Education

School building collapses in Lagos, Sanwo-Olu orders probe

Deji Akintola by Deji Akintola
January 18, 2026
in Education
0
School building collapses in Lagos, Sanwo-Olu orders probe
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

There was panic among residents of the Odo-Kekere Community in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State following a building collapse in a local public school.

The incident, which occurred on Thursday evening after school hours, sent fear into residents in nearby buildings who were jolted by a thunderous sound.

Lagos State Government, Special Committee on Rehabilitation of Public Schools (SCRPS), while confirming the collapse, said the affected building was a classroom block in a bungalow.

It, however, stated that “no casualty was recorded at the building collapse”.

“All of our students are in perfect condition. The state government regrets the unfortunate incident,” it revealed in a statement on Friday.

*Gov orders probe
The agency said that classified information reveals that the classroom block had already been marked for demolition to construct a befitting classroom.

It also disclosed that the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has ordered the immediate relocation of the pupils to nearby schools.

“However, a classified information from the SCRPS office reveals that the classroom block had already been marked for demolition in order to construct a befitting classroom edifice that will accommodate the huge population of students in the school.

“The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has also ordered immediate relocation of the pupils to nearby schools, so as not to disrupt their academic activities.

“A team of the officials of SCRPS will be visiting the school today to have an on-the-spot assessment of the incident in order to enable the government to work out modalities to begin immediate construction of an ultra-modern classroom block that will accommodate the huge population in the school,” it added.

Previous Post

Yahaya Bello’s ‘N110.4bn fraud’ trial: EFCC tenders more bank records

Next Post

Supreme Court upholds ex-Gov Lamido son’s conviction over $40,000 airport non-declaration

Next Post
Court orders 54 banks to return N9.3bn stolen from customers accounts

Supreme Court upholds ex-Gov Lamido son’s conviction over $40,000 airport non-declaration

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
INEC Chairman Amupitan not corrupt, insider faults Dalung’s claims
Cover

Court annuls INEC membership register deadline

by Eze Chidozie
May 21, 2026
0

The Federal High Court Thursday nullified the guidelines issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) directing political parties to...

Read moreDetails
UBA champions Diaspora healthcare investment at ANPA America symposium

UBA champions Diaspora healthcare investment at ANPA America symposium

May 21, 2026
Keeping pace with CBN’s back-to-back feats

CBN retains lending rate at 26.6% – Cardoso

May 21, 2026
Atiku at ADC screening panel, promises robust security reforms

Atiku at ADC screening panel, promises robust security reforms

May 21, 2026
Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primaries, cites peace, unity 

Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primaries, cites peace, unity 

May 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng