Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

How 23 foreigners were lured into Nigeria, held hostage near Abuja

Hassan Tanko by Hassan Tanko
November 1, 2025
in Crime
0
How 23 foreigners were lured into Nigeria, held hostage near Abuja
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Operatives of the Scorpion Squad of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command have smashed 14 cross border kidnap syndicate and rescuing 23 foreign nationals that were held at a settlement in Unguwar-Adamu, Zone B, River Side, Ado-Mararaba, bordering FCT and Nasarawa State.

CP Miller G Dantawaye, who disclosed this while briefing newsmen at the command headquarters in Abuja on Friday, said the intelligence-led operation took place around 8:00 pm on Tuesday, October, 22, 2025.

He added that the operation followed a report indicating that several foreign nationals had been lured into Nigeria under the pretext of lucrative job offers.

He said the victims are being held hostage by their abductors, who demanded ransom payments from their families via WhatsApp and other online platforms.

He said preliminary investigation revealed that the syndicate is coordinated by one Abubakar Jigiba, a transnational criminal kingpin with known residences in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali, and Nigeria.

“And his younger brother, Sougule Zoubere, handles the recruitment, kidnapping, and smuggling of victims from Mali into Nigeria, where they are detained pending ransom payments which the group demanded four million CFA (₦10,000,000) for each victim,”the CP said.

CP Dantawaye, said “further investigations revealed that the victims were trafficked into the country through illegal border routes in a journey lasting about three days”.

He said the victims were subsequently confined in two fortified two-bedroom apartments under inhumane conditions.

According to him, the scorpion squad acting on actionable digital and reconstructive intelligence traced the hideout to the above address where the victims, comprising 14 males, 8 females, and a child, were all rescued unhurt.

“Except one of the victims who sustained a minor ear injury and has been taken to the National Hospital, Abuja, for medical attention, all the others are in good health conditions,” he added.

The Commissioner, however, gave the names of the arrested in connection to the crime as: Bubakari Cisse, Karamogo Dembele, Musa Kamsoko, Amadou Traore, Sareba Traore, Zoumana Diara, Umar Koulibaly, Alasgara Sagara, Berthe Saidu, Abdullahi Napo, Isah Goita, Lorita Traore, Mohammed Siaaibe and Haruna Dembele.

He said efforts are on-going to apprehend the principal suspect, Abubakar Jigiba and his brother Sougule Zoubere, who are currently at large.

The CP, while commending the Scorpion Squad for the swift operation, called on members of the public to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the command via its emergency numbers: 08032003913, 08028940883 CRU: 08107314192.

Previous Post

At least 700 dead in Tanzania’s post-election protests, says opposition

Next Post

Defections: Court sacks Rep who dumped PDP for APC, warns defecting politicians

Next Post
Freedom of Information Act: All tiers of govt must comply, Supreme Court rules

Defections: Court sacks Rep who dumped PDP for APC, warns defecting politicians

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
US, Israel-Iran War: Tehran’s Archbishop evacuated to Rome
Opinion

On the Relics of St Agatha

by Newsdesk Africa
August 21, 2026
0

Valentine Obienyem The images and videos of Catholics venerating the relics of St Agatha, particularly what is traditionally identified as...

Read moreDetails
Chevron reiterates commitment to Yoyo-Yolanda Project as Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon sign agreement

CNL highlights regulatory imperatives at PENGASSAN Summit 

August 21, 2026
FCT doctors embark on three-day warning strike

Nigeria records 45,000 new HIV infections in 2025 — NACA

August 21, 2026
Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

August 21, 2026
Insecurity: Nigeria’s 800-strong Elite force ready

Military advises veterans to join free healthcare insurance scheme under defence

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng