• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, November 30, 2025
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Army, NSCDC arrest 70 suspects in Edo over kidnapping, other crimes

Hassan Tanko by Hassan Tanko
October 16, 2025
in Crime
0
Army, NSCDC arrest 70 suspects in Edo over kidnapping, other crimes
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) Commandant General’s Special Intelligence Squad, in collaboration with the Nigerian Army and the General Manager of BUA International Cement, Mr. Richard Gidado, has arrested 70 suspects over alleged involvement in kidnapping, rape, and criminal activities in the Okpella area of Etsako East Local Government Area of Edo State.

Speaking in an exclusive interview, the Commandant of the CG’s Special Intelligence Squad, Commandant A. S. Dandaura (JP), described the operation as a strategic breakthrough in the ongoing effort to dismantle criminal networks operating under the guise of illegal mining and charcoal trading in the area.

According to him, the operation followed the directive of the NSCDC Commandant General, Prof. Ahmed Abubakar Audi, mni, OFR, who ordered an aggressive onslaught against those responsible for terrorizing communities and the recent killing of eight security personnel attached to BUA Cement Company.

Dandaura explained that the joint operation uncovered several hideouts used by the syndicate to detain kidnapped victims. He noted that while some suspects managed to escape, several victims were successfully rescued, including Mrs. Agbe Martha, who had been held captive for over seven days.

Narrating her ordeal, Mrs. Agbe said she and her sister-in-law were abducted by armed men while working on their rice farm in the Ichoke area of Itsukwi community, Etsako East. Her husband, Mr. Paschal Agbe, narrowly escaped the attack.

She revealed that the kidnappers, who disguised themselves as herders, subjected them to severe torture and demanded a ₦30 million ransom for their release.

The NSCDC National Public Relations Officer, CSC Afolabi Babawale, confirmed the arrests and commended the successful rescue operation. He added that the victims have been reunited with their families.

Meanwhile, the paramount ruler of Itsukwi Kingdom, His Royal Highness Usman Suleiman, the Ogei-Ochi III, expressed gratitude to the NSCDC leadership for restoring peace and hope to the community.

Commandant Dandaura reiterated that the success of the operation underscores the NSCDC Commandant General’s commitment to collaborative security efforts aimed at eradicating crime and ensuring the safety of citizens across Edo State and beyond.

He assured that thorough investigations and prosecution of the suspects will follow to ensure justice is served.

Previous Post

Coastal Highway Cost Scandal : Atiku Abubakar vindicated, says spokesman

Next Post

Troops raid terrorist hideouts, recover arms in Taraba

Next Post
Troops kill 8 terrorists in Katsina

Troops raid terrorist hideouts, recover arms in Taraba

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
MAKEMS 2025 Jewelry Exhibition holds in Abuja Saturday
Entertainment

MAKEMS 2025 Jewelry Exhibition holds in Abuja Saturday

by Ada Okafor
November 27, 2025
0

The MAKEMS Jewelry Exhibition is set to dazzle jewelry enthusiasts once again this year, promising an unforgettable showcase of handmade...

Read moreDetails
I’ve been deposed, Guinea-Bissau’s President Embalo confirms

I’ve been deposed, Guinea-Bissau’s President Embalo confirms

November 26, 2025
US court orders FBI, anti-drug agency to release investigation dossiers on Tinubu

Bayo Onanuga’s Wool-gathering on Peter Obi

November 26, 2025
NNPCL hits N5.4trn profit-after-tax 

NNPCL hits N5.4trn profit-after-tax 

November 26, 2025
FG, states shutting down of schools implies surrender to Boko Haram ideology – HURIWA 

FG, states shutting down of schools implies surrender to Boko Haram ideology – HURIWA 

November 26, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng