• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

NBA Conference: Enugu suspends all transport enforcement activities

Maurice Okosisi by Maurice Okosisi
August 22, 2025
in News
0
NBA Conference: Enugu suspends all transport enforcement activities
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Enugu State Government has announced the suspension of all transport enforcement activities following the 2025 Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) Conference, holding in the state between August 25 and 29.

The directive contained in a statement by the State Commissioner for Transport, Dr. Obi Ozor, on Thursday stated that the development is to ensure seamless mobility during the NBA Conference.

“With immediate effect, all transport-related enforcement activities are suspended in Enugu until Monday, Sept. 1. 

“This moratorium is to ensure seamless mobility and zero friction during the ongoing NBA Annual General Conference movements. This also applies to all Ministry of Transport enforcement contract operations.”

He also said that their focus and primary responsibility should be on traffic management within the period.

According to the Commissioner, with over 20,000 visitors expected in the city, it is critical to maintain smooth traffic flow and prevent congestion around key locations, particularly the International Conference Centre, adjoining routes and the key clusters.

“Officers are to direct traffic aggressively and proactively, ensuring orderliness across major junctions, terminals, and access points. 

“All field staff must caution motorists professionally where necessary, without harassment or intimidation. 

“Any officer, unit, or contractor found wanting will face severe sanctions, including summary removal from post, contract termination, and loss of job,” he stressed.

He, however, warned them to stand down on all non-emergency enforcement activities with the exception of only those on safety, critical, and emergency responses, such as accidents, life-threatening hazards, and active traffic incidents.

The commissioner in the statement added that such actions must be logged and reported to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry.

“We also appeal to our transport partners in the Council Area and the Board, Enugu State Internal Revenue Service (ESIRS), to follow suit by ensuring orderliness and supporting with temporary parking spaces throughout this period,” Ozor said.

Meanwhile, the ministry had earlier announced the restriction of vehicular movements to some designated routes ahead of the conference.

Enugu residents have however complained bitterly over the high-handedness of the enforcers, who have severally molested motorists, especially those with vehicle plate numbers that are not marked “Enugu”, extorting huge sums of money from them.

Previous Post

Gov Mbah unveils reconstructed Hotel Presidential, extols Dr. Okpara’s vision

Next Post

Every Nigerian should learn combat skills for survival,  Says CDS

Next Post
Every Nigerian should learn combat skills for survival,  Says CDS

Every Nigerian should learn combat skills for survival,  Says CDS

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Troops of Operation Hadin Kai intercepts N37m, disrupts terrorists logistics supply routes
Security

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai intercepts N37m, disrupts terrorists logistics supply routes

by Deji Akintola
February 16, 2026
0

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai have sustained their operational momentum in the North-East, intensifying logistics strangulation operations and recovering N37...

Read moreDetails
el-Rufai writes Ribadu over alleged ‘importation of (Thallium Sulphate) poison’

Wire Tapping: FG drags el-Rufai to court, slams 3-court charge

February 16, 2026
Lakurawa expands ties with Boko Haram

US freezes assets of eight Nigerians with ties to Boko Haram, ISIL

February 16, 2026
I’ll contest 2027 presidential election – Obi

I’ll contest 2027 presidential election – Obi

February 16, 2026
Presidency accuses el-Rufai of plotting unrest, political tension

Presidency accuses el-Rufai of plotting unrest, political tension

February 16, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng