Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Anambra joint security forces raid criminals camp in Ihiala, destroy bomb factory

Ada Okafor by Ada Okafor
May 25, 2025
in Crime
0
Anambra joint security forces raid criminals camp in Ihiala, destroy bomb factory
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Security forces in Anambra State have intensified their offensive against criminal elements with a successful raid on a notorious camp in Isseke, Ihiala Local Government Area, leading to the destruction of a local bomb factory and the recovery and demobilization of several improvised explosive devices (IEDs).

The joint operation, which took place on Saturday, involved personnel from the Nigerian Police, the Military, and the Anambra State Vigilante Group.

According to a statement by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, the raid targeted one of the last strongholds of a secessionist group in the state.

“This criminal camp, which had been impregnable for over two years, served as a base from which hoodlums launched violent attacks across the state,” SP Ikenga said.

“This criminal camp, which had been impregnable for over two years, served as a base from which hoodlums launched violent attacks across the state,” SP Ikenga said.

During the operation, security operatives successfully destroyed a bomb-making facility and neutralized multiple locally fabricated IEDs.

 However, one of the devices, which had been buried around the camp, detonated during the operation, causing significant damage to a nearby road.

Previous Post

‎21 ISWAP terrorists neutralised in fierce battle in Damboa, Borno – Army

Next Post

Nigeria’s problems can be resolved from the North – Obi

Next Post
How my visit to Benue on humanitarian activities was aborted – Obi

Nigeria's problems can be resolved from the North - Obi

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
SGF condemns Benue killings, calls for collective action against insecurity
Cover

Tinubu orders Nwabueze’s arrest, suspension of 3 Perm Secs as another fake agency is detected in SGF office

by Eze Chidozie
August 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze in connection with the discovery of National...

Read moreDetails
US, Israel-Iran War: Tehran’s Archbishop evacuated to Rome

On the Relics of St Agatha

August 21, 2026
Chevron reiterates commitment to Yoyo-Yolanda Project as Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon sign agreement

CNL highlights regulatory imperatives at PENGASSAN Summit 

August 21, 2026
FCT doctors embark on three-day warning strike

Nigeria records 45,000 new HIV infections in 2025 — NACA

August 21, 2026
Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng