Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

NEF agrees with Buhari on Military’s performance

Our Reporters by Our Reporters
May 1, 2023
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The National Elders Forum (NEF) has agreed with President Muhammadu Buhari on the performance of the Armed forces in the fight against insurgency and other security challenges since 2015.

Buhari has during the Nigerian Army Trooping and Presentation of Colours Parade 2023 on Thursday, said that the fighting power of the nation’s armed forces had significantly improved in the last seven years.

The president said that at inception of his administration, the nation’s security situation was greatly challenged by the activities of violent non-state actors.

He said the situation had tremendously improved, adding that remarkable progress had been made in the fight against insurgents, militants, oil bunkerers, kidnappers and other criminal elements in the country.

According to Buhari, remarkable transformation of the military in the areas of fighting power, training, operations, manpower, remunerations and medical services, in addition to maintenance efficiency, accommodation and expansion of forces has been recorded.

Reacting to the President’s remark, the NEF, in a statement on Saturday said the military had proven that it had the capacity to defend the country in the face of daunting challenges.

The statement was signed by the President of NEF, Otunba Aremu Obatoke and Secretary, Malam Abdullahi Gambo.

They agreed that even more advanced countries had faced and continued to face security challenges, adding that Nigerian armed forces had done well looking at the available indices.

“Here in Nigeria, we have criminal elements that are surrendering in numbers because the Armed forces is not giving them breathing space.

“We may not have completely wiped them out, but we can boldly say that our country is far better than it was, especially since the present leadership of the Armed forces came onboard 2 years ago.

“We agree with a recent assessment by the Professor of Cyber Security and Information Technology Management, Ojo Ademola, who awarded the current leadership of the Armed Forces of Nigeria pass mark over their commitment to root out Boko Haram terrorists, bandits and other criminal elements from the country.

“He noted that the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Lucky Irabor, has brought in a professional touch and unique variety of administration that has proven to be a masterstroke in the war against insurgents.

“NEF therefore say that our military has done very well, we should support them and not weaken their resolve,” the Forum added. (NAN)

Previous Post

Ohanaeze youths rejoice with new President of Nzuko Umunna, Prof. Nebo

Next Post

2023 ELECTIONS: APC, Labour Party in verbal war!

Next Post

2023 ELECTIONS: APC, Labour Party in verbal war!

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Anambra Govt bans expensive condolence gifts
News

Anambra Govt bans expensive condolence gifts

by Ada Okafor
May 18, 2026
0

*Abolishes public display, dancing with caskets, others *Offenders risk ₦100,000 fine, six months imprisonment The Government of Anambra State has...

Read moreDetails
Fresh Killings: Suspend rhetoric, get to work, Atiku tells Tinubu

Rising debt servicing threatens development — Obi

May 18, 2026
Operation Lafiyan Jama’a winning the war as 6 Brigade Troops recover weapons, destroy bandits camps in Taraba State

US, Nigerian forces kill at least 20 ISIS militants in fresh airstrikes – AFRICOM

May 18, 2026
Cartels shift drug manufacturing to Africa

Cartels shift drug manufacturing to Africa

May 18, 2026
Charge or Release El-Rufai now Group charges FG, calls on opposition leaders to speak out

Wire Tapping: el-Rufai granted N100m bail

May 18, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng