Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Education

Student’s death: Chrisland to face involuntary manslaughter, reckless, negligent charges

Adepegba Abioye by Adepegba Abioye
March 25, 2023
in Education
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Lagos State government says it will prosecute Chrisland School, Ikeja, for alleged involuntary manslaughter, reckless and negligent act over the death of a 12-year-old student, Whitney Adeniran, who died from electrocution during inter house sport.

According to a statement signed by the Director of Public Affairs in the ministry, Mrs Grace Alo, on Friday, the case was referred to the Nigerian Police which carried out thorough investigation with the help of other agencies.

“The file was subsequently forwarded to the Department of Public Prosecution (DPP) office on March 20 for review of the duplicate case file.

“On March 23, the DPP issued his legal advice and came to the conclusion that a prima facie case of involuntary manslaughter and reckless and negligent acts had been established against the school.

“Some members of staff and one of the vendors will therefore be charged with the offences contrary to sections 224 and 251of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015,” said the statement.

It added that information would be filed in accordance with the legal advice issued by the DPP and certified true copies of the legal advice is available on the ministry of justice website (www.lagosstatemoj.org.)

On Feb.9, the deceased slumped during the inter-house sports organised by the school at the Agege Sports Stadium and was subsequently rushed to Agege Central Hospital, Agege, Lagos, where she was confirmed “brought in dead” (BID) by the doctor on duty.

The state had on March 2 said the post-mortem report issued by the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital showed the cause of the death was asphyxia and electrocution.

Previous Post

Supreme Court breaks silence on alleged London meeting between CJN and Tinubu

Next Post

CBN debunks viral news suspending fintech companies’ accounts

Next Post

CBN debunks viral news suspending fintech companies’ accounts

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
NNPC strengths national healthcare, donates MRI machine to NAUTH
Business

NNPC strengths national healthcare, donates MRI machine to NAUTH

by Newsdesk Africa
May 17, 2026
0

By Sam Otuonye NNPC Foundation, the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) arm of NNPC Ltd., has commissioned and handed over a...

Read moreDetails
2027- APC's anti-people policies, our pathway for retiring Tinubu - Adebayo

2027: Why I will defeat Tinubu — Adebayo

May 17, 2026
Ndume commends troops for foiling Boko Haram/ISWAP attack on Pulka community

Boko Haram abducts 42 students, children in Borno school attack — Ndume

May 17, 2026
SERAP seeks court order to compel CBN disclose LGA fund details

Probe alleged N800 billion FAAC diversion for campaign funding, SERAP tells INEC

May 17, 2026
Manchester City beat Chelsea F.C. to win FA Cup as Pep Guardiola lands 20th trophy

Manchester City beat Chelsea F.C. to win FA Cup as Pep Guardiola lands 20th trophy

May 17, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng