Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Security

Defence Headquarters in Abuja slightly torched by fire

Our Reporters by Our Reporters
December 13, 2022
in Security
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

There was a fire incident at the Defence Headquarters in Abuja on Monday.

The inferno, whose cause was yet to be ascertained, was said to have occurred on the second floor of the DHQ.

It was gathered that personnel of the Federal Fire Service and military personnel were battling the fire.

The Director, Defence Information, Major General Jimmy Akpor, confirmed the incident.

He added that the fire had been brought under control, adding that all staff had been evacuated.

He said, “A minor fire incident occurred on the second floor of the Defence Headquarters, Garki Abuja this afternoon 12 December 2022. The cause of the fire outbreak is unknown at this moment.

“However, the incident has been brought under control with the combined effort of the military and Federal Fire Service personnel and resources. All personnel and civilian staff were also evacuated without injury or loss of life.

“Accordingly, normalcy has returned. Investigation to determine the cause of the fire incident commenced immediately.

“We thank the Federal Fire Service and the entire public for the continued support and goodwill to the Armed Forces of Nigeria.”

Previous Post

Danbatta named NDLEA Ambassador

Next Post

NAFDAC uncovers warehouse containing potassium bromate, unregistered improver in Lagos

Next Post

NAFDAC uncovers warehouse containing potassium bromate, unregistered improver in Lagos

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Peter Obi, CON at 65: Extolling a visionary’s enduring influence
Cover

2027: Obi unfolds agenda as campaigns begin

by Deji Akintola
August 19, 2026
0

Peter Obi Media Office has outlined its principal’s core agenda as campaigns for the January 16, 2027 presidential election officially...

Read moreDetails
2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

August 19, 2026
INEC Chairman Amupitan not corrupt, insider faults Dalung’s claims

2027: INEC to deploys 1.4m staff in 176,000 polling units

August 19, 2026
Nigeria spends $10bn on food imports annually, says minister

Rising food prices signals failure of ideas, ADC taunts Tinubu

August 19, 2026
Electricity customers owe DisCos N497bn in 2024

NISO, NBET strengthen collaboration to improve Nigeria’s electricity market

August 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng