Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Abuja-Kaduna train services to resume in November – FG

Bature Magaji by Bature Magaji
November 8, 2022
in Business
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


*Promises enough surveillance, security

The Federal Government has stated that train services on the Abuja-Kaduna rail line will resume this November.
The Minister Of Transportation, Mu’azu Sambo, spoke on Monday while giving the score card of his ministry in Abuja, adding that  adequate security has been put in place to ensure the safety of passengers. He did not give any specific date for the resumption.

Sambo said the ministry had learnt enough lessons from the attack on March 28, 2022, that led to the suspension of train service on the Abuja-Kaduna route.

He further noted that a system had been put in place to ensure prompt monitoring of movements on the rail tracks.
According to him, the system would afford President Muhammadu Buhari, concerned ministries and agencies as well as security agencies the opportunity to see what goes on on the tracks without delays.

The Nigerian Railway Corporation, NRC, suspended train services along the route after Boko Haram terrorists attacked a moving passenger train in Kaduna on March 28.
The terrorists had blown up the rail track and bombed the moving train, killing some and abducting more than 60 passengers, thus attracting unprecedented international and national outrage.

The terrorists, who attacked the train in Kaduna, released hostages piecemeal with the last release being on October 5, 2022.
Distraught family members had protested several times to demand the release of their loved ones.
But, Sambo had said the Abuja-Kaduna rail line would not resume until all those kidnapped by bandits in March were rescued and reunited with their families.
A terrorist negotiator, Tukur Mamu, was on September 6, 2022, arrested in Cairo, Egypt while on his way to Saudi Arabia and returned to Nigeria the next day.
The Department of State Services, DSS, had alleged that Mamu, who negotiated between terrorists and families of the kidnap victims, was part of an international terrorist network and used the cover of journalism to perpetrate his deeds.
Popular Kaduna-based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, to whom Mamu is an aide, had faulted the arrest of Mamu, and 
asked the DSS to charge Mamu to court if it had any evidence against him, rather than keeping him in custody.
But the DSS, in its reaction, said it would not be distracted by some skewed narratives in the media and requested to be left alone to concentrate on the ongoing investigations, the outcomes of which it said remained “mindboggling.” 

Previous Post

CJN sings usual refrain, warns 2023 Tribunal members against recklessness 

Next Post

Dino Melaye speechless as Sowore hits him hard at a public event

Next Post

Dino Melaye speechless as Sowore hits him hard at a public event

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Police arrest abductors of Bayelsa Judge
Power

Suspects arrested for vandalism of Nkalagu–Abakiliki 132kV transmission line

by Maurice Okosisi
May 19, 2026
0

The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has announced the arrest of two suspects in connection with the vandalism of Towers...

Read moreDetails
The power of a personal brand

Obi emerges NDC’s sole presidential aspirant for 2027 elections

May 19, 2026
ADC screens over 70 governorship aspirants for primaries

ADC screens over 70 governorship aspirants for primaries

May 19, 2026
Fire guts part of National Hospital, Abuja

Fire guts part of National Hospital, Abuja

May 19, 2026
Funtua Council Chairman meets bandits in Katsina on peace mission amid threats of U.S. military threat, sanctions

9 persons of interest arrested over Oyo school attack – Makinde

May 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng