Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Cover

FG releases 101 Boko Haram terrorists — Report

Our Reporters by Our Reporters
October 10, 2022
in Cover
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

No fewer than 101 suspected Boko Haram terrorists have been allegedly released from the Kirikiri Medium Security Prison, Lagos State in exchange for the freed 23 Abuja-Kaduna train attack victims.

According to an online platform, Foundation for Investigative Journalism, wardens at the facility let them out as part of a swap deal for the release of travellers who were abducted in Kaduna on March 28.

The source said the freed suspects had been awaiting trial since 2009, adding that they knew about the Kuje jailbreak before it occurred.

“They secretly released 101 Boko Haram suspects around 6 am. The negotiations had been ongoing for some months. We used to pray together. During prayers, they spoke Hausa, and they told me they would be going home by October.

An official in the prison, however, denied the claim.

The source said there were ongoing efforts to release the suspects based on their illegal detention without trial.

“There is an ongoing court process for the inmates to be released because they have been held since 2009 without trial. That process has not been completed to the best of my knowledge for the inmates to be released,” he added.

Efforts to speak to the Nigerian Correctional Service on the matter proved abortive as of the time of filing this report. (Daily Sun)

Previous Post

FG wades in, slams Kogi State Govt over primitive invasion of Dangote Cement

Next Post

Burnt Assembly: Kogi govt. calls for calm

Next Post

Burnt Assembly: Kogi govt. calls for calm

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu
Politics

Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu

by Mohammed Koi
August 20, 2026
0

The Governor of Osun State, Ademola Adeleke, on Thursday, presented his Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission...

Read moreDetails
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

2027 my final attempt at presidency – Atiku

August 20, 2026
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

I’ll restore subsidy if elected in 2027 – Atiku

August 20, 2026
214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

August 20, 2026
Tribute to a brother, friend, patriot, Muhammadu Buhari – IBB

Atiku cannot rule Nigeria — IBB

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng