• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Security

New military strategies lead to surrender of 79,000 insurgents, rescue of more Chibok girls – Theatre Commander

Aminu Danladi by Aminu Danladi
September 11, 2022
in Security
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

New Military Strategies Lead to Surrender of 79,000 insurgents, Rescue of More Chibok Girls – Theatre Commander

The Theatre Commander, North East “Operation Hadin Kai”, Maj.-Gen. Christopher Musa, said over 79,000 insurgents comprising combatants and non combatants have so far surrendered.

Musa made this known in Maiduguri while briefing newsmen on recent successes of the command.

The commander said that the sustained onslaught on the insurgents under the kinetic and non kenetic approaches had led to the mass surrender.

According to him, this led to need to have additional camps in Maiduguri to host the repentants that were being sorted out to identify the combatants and not combatants.

He lauded the support from the public, which he described as “unsung heroes” and urged them to sustain the tempo for a speedy end to the conflict.

“We are really happy with the way the members of the public were cooperating with us; they see the sincerity in what we are doing.

“We are committed to the human rights charter and the rules of engagement in our operations,” Musa said.

Also speaking on recent success, the General Officer Commanding ( GOC), 7 Division,  Maiduguri,  Maj.- Gen. Waidi Shuaibu, said that within the period under review, three more Chibok girls were also rescued.

Shuaibu said the girls rescued comprised Falmata Lawan, Asabe Ali and Jinkal Yama, who are on serial number three, 12 and 20, respectively on the list of abducted Chibok girls.

The girls were rescued separately in Bama axis on Aug. 30, Sept. 1 and Sept. 2 respectively.

Previous Post

Transformation of widow, tied, flogged over witchcraft allegation

Next Post

98 Chibok girls still in captivity – Nigerian Army

Next Post

98 Chibok girls still in captivity – Nigerian Army

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Troops of Operation Hadin Kai intercepts N37m, disrupts terrorists logistics supply routes
Security

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai intercepts N37m, disrupts terrorists logistics supply routes

by Deji Akintola
February 16, 2026
0

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai have sustained their operational momentum in the North-East, intensifying logistics strangulation operations and recovering N37...

Read moreDetails
el-Rufai writes Ribadu over alleged ‘importation of (Thallium Sulphate) poison’

Wire Tapping: FG drags el-Rufai to court, slams 3-court charge

February 16, 2026
Lakurawa expands ties with Boko Haram

US freezes assets of eight Nigerians with ties to Boko Haram, ISIL

February 16, 2026
I’ll contest 2027 presidential election – Obi

I’ll contest 2027 presidential election – Obi

February 16, 2026
Presidency accuses el-Rufai of plotting unrest, political tension

Presidency accuses el-Rufai of plotting unrest, political tension

February 16, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng