Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Education

Strike: FG churning out fake figures –ASUU

Our Reporters by Our Reporters
July 15, 2022
in Education
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Emmanuel Osodeke, has accused the Federal Government of churning out fake figures concerning its demands.

Osodeke said the union was not aware of the figure circulated by the Federal  Government as the amount needed to resolve its five -month-old industrial action.

He also accused Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, of misinforming President Muhammadu Buhari on the union’s strike.

Buhari had on Monday told the striking lecturers that ‘enough is enough’ and that they should return to the classroom as their action was inimical to  parents, students and the future of the country.

Osodeke, who reacted to the President’s statement on a television programme, yesterday, said he was not being properly briefed about the strike and the union’s demands.

“If the president had been properly briefed by the committee through the Minister of Education, I don’t think the president would have said enough is enough, go to your class while we are negotiating. It is the labour minister and his group that would have gone to the president to tell him that we chased out his people, we refuse salary.

“We are not aware of where their so-called figure was arrived at. In all our agreements and discussions, we didn’t talk about N1.2 trillion or N2.4 trillion, or whatever; we didn’t. We didn’t calculate the quantum of what we would need. We calculated what each member of our union will earn.

“If this man who is telling you this figure can tell a lie that ASUU chased out his members from the negotiation table, why would he not tell a lie about the figure. The ministry is churning out fake figures. We negotiated with the Ministry of Education, so wherever they got the documents is their business.”

Previous Post

Tinubu’s action a threat to Nigeria’s unity -Ohanaeze

Next Post

Queues disappear as marketers hike petrol pump price in Abuja

Next Post

Queues disappear as marketers hike petrol pump price in Abuja

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
NNPC strengths national healthcare, donates MRI machine to NAUTH
Business

NNPC strengths national healthcare, donates MRI machine to NAUTH

by Newsdesk Africa
May 17, 2026
0

By Sam Otuonye NNPC Foundation, the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) arm of NNPC Ltd., has commissioned and handed over a...

Read moreDetails
2027- APC's anti-people policies, our pathway for retiring Tinubu - Adebayo

2027: Why I will defeat Tinubu — Adebayo

May 17, 2026
Ndume commends troops for foiling Boko Haram/ISWAP attack on Pulka community

Boko Haram abducts 42 students, children in Borno school attack — Ndume

May 17, 2026
SERAP seeks court order to compel CBN disclose LGA fund details

Probe alleged N800 billion FAAC diversion for campaign funding, SERAP tells INEC

May 17, 2026
Manchester City beat Chelsea F.C. to win FA Cup as Pep Guardiola lands 20th trophy

Manchester City beat Chelsea F.C. to win FA Cup as Pep Guardiola lands 20th trophy

May 17, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng