Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Abuja-Kaduna Train: Again, Ansaru terrorists giver FG 24 hours or kill victims

Bature Magaji by Bature Magaji
July 7, 2022
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Ansaru terrorists group, which claimed to have abducted the Abuja-Kaduna train passengers in March, has again threatened to kill one of the remaining 50 victims daily, if federal government refused to be forthcoming on their release.

The deadline expired 12 midnight Thursday.

This is just as families, relatives and friends of the remaining 50 abducted train passengers held peaceful street protest in Kaduna on Wednesday, to drive home their demand for the immediate release of the train attack victims. 

The go-between negotiating for the release of the 50 victims between the Federal Government and the terrorists, Malam Tukur Mamu days ago raised an alarm over the health condition of the victims, noting that they are suffering from snake bite and prone to other health challenges. Mamu later confirmed that one of the victims was shot as a warning to hasten Federal Government’s response to their demands.

However, an audio clip in circulation, believed to be a voice of one of the Ansaru group members, they have again threatened to kill the victims because the government has failed to move for their release.

Tukur, the Kaduna based publisher, confirmed on Wednesday that the audio was real and that the group had fixed Wednesday (today) to carry out the threat. “They became provoked on Monday after giving us another opportunity. I was crying and pleading with them that since there is a delay from the government, they should discuss with the family members directly to negotiate the victims’ release.

“Based on the plea, they agreed to negotiate directly with the victims’ families. But they said they are giving us till Wednesday, that if there was nothing concrete from those that are interested in the negotiation, they will start slaughtering some of the victims,” he said.

Meanwhile, the families and friends of the victims converged on Nagwamatse House, Kaduna as early as 7:30am on Wednesday morning with various placards with different inscriptions calling for the immediate release of the remaining 50 abducted train passengers. At exactly 8:05am, the protesters stormed the major Kaduna streets with placards carrying various messages, while chanting, “release our loved ones”. 

Addressing journalists after the protest, leader of the forum of families, Dr Abdulfatai Jimoh said: “Today is exactly 100 days since our loved ones were abducted, it was meant to be a journey of two hours, however, it turned out to be 100 harrowing days. Since then things have not been the same with us. One cannot imagine what our loved ones are going through in these last 100 days in the deep forest, the same clothes, no clean water to drink, no medical care. 

“Many of them are sick, one has even been shot and injured, we don’t know his condition now. We have been talking to the government we have been appealing to them in the last 100 days to rescue our loved ones, but so far we have not seen much. It is really very disappointing. we are appealing again to the government to do all that is necessary to bring out our loved ones in the shortest time possible.

“If you remember, our loved ones spent their Easter in the bush, the Eid-el-Fitr in the bush. Today we are just three days away from Eid-el-Kabir. We are praying that they will spend the Eid-el-Kabir with us.This is our hope and prayer. We want the government to do all that is necessary. We know it is possible. They can do it, they should do it please.”

Speaking further, Jimoh noted that, “it is a responsibility they owed us as Nigerian citizens. We are citizens in our country. We should be free to move everywhere. We should be protected. We have surrendered our sovereignty. We have surrendered our security to the government and it is incumbent on them to do what is necessary to protect us. Our loved ones are in captivity for 100 days now, we are appealing to Mr President and his security chiefs to do what is necessary within their powers.

“We know they can do it, and should do it for us please in the name of God. We are all vulnerable to this situation. We are expecting them in the next few hours by the special grace of God not even days. We know they are on it. They should conclude it,” he lamented.

Previous Post

ISWAP, Boko Haram release video of Kuje Prison break

Next Post

Investigation: How intelligence failure, insiders’ conspiracy led to Kuje jailbreak

Next Post

Investigation: How intelligence failure, insiders’ conspiracy led to Kuje jailbreak

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
ICPC grills Adeyemi in police custody, concludes investigation
News

Tinubu orders forensic probe into fake Presidential Foreign Intervention Council

by Aminu Danladi
August 20, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday directed the commissioning of a comprehensive forensic investigation into the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council...

Read moreDetails
Why I signed the national peace accord – Peter Obi

Why I signed the national peace accord – Peter Obi

August 20, 2026
83 Nigerian returnees arrive in Lagos from South Africa

83 Nigerian returnees arrive in Lagos from South Africa

August 20, 2026
Tinubu appoints Enitan as head of Civil Service of the Federation

Tinubu appoints Enitan as head of Civil Service of the Federation

August 20, 2026
Tinubu dissolves committee on sale of federal assets

Tinubu orders 5-year nat. security threat assessment, defence plan

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng