Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

81 Division arrests 12 fake soldiers in Lagos, Ogun

Our Reporters by Our Reporters
April 13, 2022
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By Eze Chidozie 

The 81 Division Nigerian Army Military Police personnel have arrested 12 suspected impostors fully dressed in military camouflage uniforms.

They were apprehended by military in an operation code named OPERATION CHECKMATE within Lagos and Ogun states.

The General Officer Commanding (GOC) 81 Division, Nigerian Army (NA), Major-General Umar Thama Musa, in a press briefing dispelled the narrative that all illicit acts committed by persons dressed in military uniforms are always by military personnel. 

He noted that some people displaying military banners and accoutrement such as belts and stickers on their vehicles and driving commercial vehicles in military uniform, as well as driving civil vehicle painted in Army colour are  most often not personnel of the Nigerian Army. 

He explained that in an effort to curtail this ugly trend, the Division has heightened the activities of OPERATION CHECKMATE to ensure regular arrest of impostors and offenders within the Division’s area of responsibility. 

The GOC stated that over 150 impostors have been arrested from January last year till date.

General Musa during the parade of the suspects explained that preliminary investigation have revealed that some of the suspects specialized in mounting road block along Ajah Road to extort money from motorist, as well as indulge in other illegal duties while dressed in Nigerian Army Camouflage uniforms.

Similarly, the GOC said there are some other suspects arrested fully dressed in regular military uniform, along the Ilaro Border area of Ogun State where they carry out smuggling of rice and other contraband.

The GOC said the arrested suspects would be handed over the Nigerian Police for further action. 

He therefore urged members of the public to desist from wearing military uniforms and T- shirts, display of military banners, belts and stickers on vehicles, as well as driving of civil vehicles painted in Army colour. 

He further implored members of the public to continue to support the Division’s OPERATION CHECKMATE by proving information to the nearest Nigerian Army Formations or Units as part of efforts to rid Lagos and Ogun States or criminal elements who are bent on tarnishing the highly revered image of the NA.

The GOC thanked  members of the press for their efforts in objective reportage of activities  of the NA.

Previous Post

NYSC DG bags Fellow Chartered Institute of Public Resources Management 

Next Post

N2tr stolen annually from the oil sector – Saraki

Next Post

N2tr stolen annually from the oil sector - Saraki

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
ICPC grills Adeyemi in police custody, concludes investigation
News

Tinubu orders forensic probe into fake Presidential Foreign Intervention Council

by Aminu Danladi
August 20, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday directed the commissioning of a comprehensive forensic investigation into the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council...

Read moreDetails
Why I signed the national peace accord – Peter Obi

Why I signed the national peace accord – Peter Obi

August 20, 2026
83 Nigerian returnees arrive in Lagos from South Africa

83 Nigerian returnees arrive in Lagos from South Africa

August 20, 2026
Tinubu appoints Enitan as head of Civil Service of the Federation

Tinubu appoints Enitan as head of Civil Service of the Federation

August 20, 2026
Tinubu dissolves committee on sale of federal assets

Tinubu orders 5-year nat. security threat assessment, defence plan

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng