Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

We have 47,975 surrendered terrorists, families in custody – DHQ

Ezechukwu Malachy by Ezechukwu Malachy
March 25, 2022
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By Azuka  Chinaeme

The Defence Headquarters on Thursday said a total of 47,975 Boko Haram/Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists and their families have so far surrendered to troops of Operation Hadin Kai in North-East zone from September last year to date.


Director, Defence Media Operations, Maj-Gen. Bernard Onyeuko, disclosed to journalists while providing an update on military operations between March 10 and March 24, 2023 in Abuja, that the achievements of the military within the period included killing of 17 terrorists, arrest of 35, recovery of 34 AK-47 rifles, five dane guns and nine locally made guns.

He said the troops also recovered 270 rustled cows, three motorcycles and 13 bicycles used by the terrorists for movement.

According to him, while 7,000 Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) and Boko Haram terrorists from different locations surrendered, troops also rescued 27 civilians in the last two weeks.

“The surrendered terrorists have been profiled, while rescued civilians and recovered items were handed over to appropriate authorities for further action,” he said.

On Operation Hadarin Daji, Onyeuko said the air component carried out air interdiction on March 14 at Unguwar Adam village in Danmusa Local Government Area of Katsina State, killing more than 27 bandits.

He said the air raid was sequel to an intelligence report about the gathering of more than 50 terrorists for a meeting with their key commanders and leaders.

He added that one Malam Sule, a brother to notorious bandit, Lalbi Ginshima, was among those killed in the air raid, which according to him is a major setback for the group.

The Defence Operations Spokesperson said scores of terrorists were also killed in another air interdiction carried out at a terrorist enclave at Magaba in Kaduna State, adding that those fleeing were trailed and mopped up by ground troops.

He said the troops also neutralised eight bandits, arrested seven, rescued 56 victims and recovered arms and other equipment in other operations during the period.

In Operation Safe Haven, Onyeuko said the troops recovered several stolen railway sleepers, three trucks, one J5 bus, two AK47 rifles with extra magazines during operations within their area of responsibility.

He said the troops also rescued three civilian victims, neutralised two bandits and apprehended 19 others, who he said were handed over to appropriate authorities for further action.

In Operation Whirl Stroke, Onyeuko said that troops eliminated no fewer than 10 bandits, arrested five, recovered vehicles and different types of weapons during the period.

According to him, troops have continued to carry out operations against terrorists, bandits and other enemies of the state and have remained committed to all operational engagements.

“While the security situation in some locations remained peaceful and calm, some other areas recorded some incidents within the period,” he said.

Previous Post

2023 Presidency: Coalition buys PDP forms for Anyim

Next Post

AMAC chairman canvasses support for incoming administration  

Next Post

AMAC chairman canvasses support for incoming administration  

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
SGF condemns Benue killings, calls for collective action against insecurity
Cover

Tinubu orders Nwabueze’s arrest, suspension of 3 Perm Secs as another fake agency is detected in SGF office

by Eze Chidozie
August 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze in connection with the discovery of National...

Read moreDetails
US, Israel-Iran War: Tehran’s Archbishop evacuated to Rome

On the Relics of St Agatha

August 21, 2026
Chevron reiterates commitment to Yoyo-Yolanda Project as Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon sign agreement

CNL highlights regulatory imperatives at PENGASSAN Summit 

August 21, 2026
FCT doctors embark on three-day warning strike

Nigeria records 45,000 new HIV infections in 2025 — NACA

August 21, 2026
Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng