Sunday, May 24, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

SPDC  resume pperations at multi-billion Naira gas project in Imo

Maurice Okosisi by Maurice Okosisi
September 6, 2022
in Business
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

 

Barely few months after Shell Petroleum Development Company, SPDC announced its desire to resume operations in Imo State after two years of absence, the oil firm has mobilized its workers  and return to the site of the multi billion naira Assa North/Ohaji South Gas Development project in Ohaji/ Egbema LGA of the State.

Dr Okechukwu Ugorji, the state Commissioner for Homeland Security and Vigilante’s Affairs disclosed this to news in Owerri while highlighting the efforts of the State Government in improving the welfare of her citizens.

Recall that SPDC had suspended operations at the site about two years ago, but has agreed to return to the investment after the intervention of Governor Hope Uzodimma’s administration based on the  Abuja meeting they  held on the 4th of last month between Imo State Government and  SPDC management  as led by  SPDC Managing Director, Osagie Okunbor.

The state government  during the meeting had also assured the oil conglomerate of its commitment to tackle oil bunkering and oil theft prevalent in the area.

SPDC General Manager (Security), Bob Fuss, as a follow up  geared towards consolidation after the SPDC MD meeting with Governor Uzodimma, led officials of the company, on an official visit to the State Commissioner for Homeland Security and Vigilante Affairs, Okechukwu Ugorji in Owerri where he announced plans of the company to return to site.

In 2019, the SPDC had performed the ground breaking ceremony of the project which has the capacity to produce 300 million standard cubic feet of gas per day.

Adjudged as one of the largest domestic gas project in the country, initial completion of the project was scheduled for 2023. However, security breaches in the area forced the project to be put on hold in 2021.  

With security adequately restored by the  State government, there are serious indications  that the project is on the verge of being kick started again with human and material resources by SPDC as the state government  assured them of their  maximum safety. 

However,with the resumption of operations, over 980 employment opportunities and 2, 612 sub contracting chances, valued at N1.6billion earlier said to be  affected when the construction work was put on hold, would be restored as stated by SPDC management.

It’s equally expected that the high cost of cooking gas within the area and its environ when fully began operation will be a thing of the past.

Previous Post

FG sets Dec as new timeline to eliminate insecurity

Next Post

Flood force Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists relocate from enclaves in Sambisa Forest

Next Post

Flood force Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists relocate from enclaves in Sambisa Forest

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Why I serve food at public functions, by Peter Obi
Politics

Africa has no business being poor, says Obi

by Eze Chidozie
May 24, 2026
0

Peter Obi, a leading opposition figure in Nigeria and sole presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) for the...

Read moreDetails
ADC: South-West stakeholders endorse Hayatu-Deen ahead of primaries

ADC: South-West stakeholders endorse Hayatu-Deen ahead of primaries

May 24, 2026
Abduction: Oyo state government exposes where kidnappers of principal, students are trapped

Terrorist footprint grows in Africa 

May 24, 2026
The case for the office of Judge Dan Maliki

The case for the office of Judge Dan Maliki

May 24, 2026
Afreximbank posts 25% growth in net income, improved profitability Q1 2026

Afreximbank posts 25% growth in net income, improved profitability Q1 2026

May 24, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng