• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Man dupes sex worker N120,000 after patronage

Bature Magaji by Bature Magaji
March 10, 2023
in Crime
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Ondo State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps on Thursday arraigned a man,  Oni Samuel before a Magistrates’ Court, sitting in Akure, the state capital for allegedly defrauding a woman Blessing Olaitan of a sum of N120,000.

Samuel was earlier arrested by the men of the state command of the NSCDC  for allegedly committing the offence last week.

During the proceeding, Olaitan told the court that she was a professional sex worker, saying the defendant allegedly collected a sum of N80,000 cash from her after having sex with her on a fateful night, explaining that the defendant promised to transfer the cash to her together with another N15,000 her ‘professional fee’.

Olaitan said she later discovered that what she got from the defendant was fake transfer

The defendant was arraigned before the court on two-count bothering on conspiracy and stealing.

The charge sheet read, “That you, Oni Samuel “M”, and others at large on 1st day of March 2023 at Alagbaka, Akure within the Jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did conspire with yourselves to commit a criminal offence, to with (sic) stole a sum One Hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira of Mrs. Blessing Olaitan thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 516 of the Criminal Code Law Cap 37, Vol 1 Laws of Ondo State, 2006.

“That you, Oni Samuel on 1st day of March 2023 at Alagbaka, Akure within the Jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did steal a sum of One Hundred and Twenty Thousand Naira of Mrs. Blessing Olaitan thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 383 and punishable under Section 390 of the Criminal Code Law Cap 37, Vol 1 Laws of Ondo State, 2006.”

Samuel however pleaded not guilty to the charges. The defence counsel, Barrister E.O Nifemi urged the court to grant the defendant bail but the NSCDC prosecutor, Mr David Ebriku opposed the bail application, praying the court to remand the defendant. If the defendant was granted bail, he could jump bail which could be a risk to the society.

Ruling on the matter, the Magistrate, Tope Aladejana, granted the defendant bail with a sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the case till April 17, 2023 for hearing.

Previous Post

Tinubu’s victory stands, Presidency replies PDP, LP, others

Next Post

How I survived Obi’s ‘Tsunami’ in South-East, excited Abaribe declares after re-election

Next Post

How I survived Obi’s ‘Tsunami’ in South-East, excited Abaribe declares after re-election

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Group demands probe of INEC Chairman over alleged land bribe from FCT Minister
Politics

Group demands probe of INEC Chairman over alleged land bribe from FCT Minister

by Newsdesk Africa
February 18, 2026
0

A civil society group, Opposition Watch Nigeria (OWN), has called on the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC),...

Read moreDetails
Why I serve food at public functions, by Peter Obi

Christians, Muslums beginning fasting same day, is a rare spiritual convergence to revere – Obi

February 18, 2026
Proposed Legal Practitioners Bill: What is more?

Alleged ₦10b Kogi Fraud:  EFCC never threatened Ali Bello, co-defendant with electric chair – Witness 

February 18, 2026
DSS

How defendants were paid, mobilized, moved weapons for Owo Church attack, 9th DSS witness tells court

February 18, 2026
First Lady flags off National Community Food Bank campaign

First Lady flags off National Community Food Bank campaign

February 17, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng