Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

FCCPC director dies fighting in office

Maurice Okosisi by Maurice Okosisi
August 24, 2022
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), on Tuesday said its North-West zonal director Julius Haruna has died.

The director died in his office in Katsina last Wednesday during fisticuffs with Ms Muibat Abdusalam, another employee of the commission.

Secretary of the Governing Board of FCCPC Tam Tamunokonbia said in a statement that the police have launched investigation into the incident.

Ms Abdusalam is in the custody of the Katsina State Police Command.

He, however, said the FCCPC has set up its own investigative panel to probe circumstances that led to the death of the director.

Tamunokonbia said the board had also directed an immediate, but temporary relief of relevant leadership and operatives within the commission to ensure fair, transparent and credible investigation.

He noted that Ben Nwoye, a legal practitioner and a member of the board had been appointed as the chairman of the Independent Internal Investigation Panel to probe the death of the director.

He said that retired AVM Wakili Ahmed, another member of the FCCPC board, was appointed co-chairman of the panel.

Tamunokonbia said the board directed that representatives from the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment and Office of the Head of Service of the Federation, be invited as members of the panel.

”Ms Abdusalam is currently detained by the command.

”The commission will continue to make appropriate, full and frank disclosures of information, any investigative outcomes and or judicial processes, where applicable.

”The commission notwithstanding continues to discharge its mandate including across the North-West region,” the FCCPC board secretary said.

Previous Post

FG set to receive $23.4m fresh Abacha loot

Next Post

NGE, SERAP want court to stop Buhari, others from shutting down broadcast stations

Next Post

NGE, SERAP want court to stop Buhari, others from shutting down broadcast stations

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
NDLEA Smashes Nigerian-Mexican Meth Cartel, Arrests Baron, 3 Mexicans, 6 Others 
Cover

NDLEA Smashes Nigerian-Mexican Meth Cartel, Arrests Baron, 3 Mexicans, 6 Others 

by Newsdesk Africa
May 20, 2026
0

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has dealt another crippling blow to transnational organized crime by completely dismantling a...

Read moreDetails
NNPCL announces milestone on AKK Pipeline, records 100% crude oil pipeline availability 

NNPC staff members’ exit plan sparks anxiety, political concerns ahead of 2027 elections

May 20, 2026
We are not a united nation; my goal is to bring Nigeria together – Obi

We are not a united nation; my goal is to bring Nigeria together – Obi

May 20, 2026
Troops kill 8 terrorists in Katsina

Nigeria–U.S. joint strikes kill 175 ISIS fighters, several top commanders — DHQ

May 20, 2026
Oyo Kidnapping: Esin-Ele leaders go spiritual

Oyo Kidnapping: Esin-Ele leaders go spiritual

May 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng