Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

English Football League says matches to return from Tuesday

Our Reporters by Our Reporters
September 13, 2022
in Sports
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The English Football League, which manages the three divisions below the Premier League, stated on Monday that matches will return as scheduled from Tuesday.

The League announced this after the last round of games were postponed following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

The top flight Premier League and EFL announced last week that the games had been postponed after the queen, Britain’s longest-reigning monarch, died peacefully at her home in Scotland on Sept. 8 aged 96.

Matches in the Women’s Super League and across the lower tiers of the football pyramid and grassroots football were also postponed.

The EFL said on Monday that tributes would be paid to the queen at grounds across England.

“A minute’s silence will be held before matches, with black armbands to be worn by participants, flags to be flown at half-mast and the National Anthem to be played in stadiums,” it said in a statement.

“With a national policing plan now in operation, the League and clubs will continue to work with forces in respect of any challenges that may emerge regarding policing of specific fixtures.”(Reuters/NAN)

Previous Post

INEC cleans up new registrations, delists 1.1m invalid registrants

Next Post

In solemn procession, Queen Elizabeth’s coffin taken through Edinburgh

Next Post

In solemn procession, Queen Elizabeth’s coffin taken through Edinburgh

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
83 Nigerian returnees arrive in Lagos from South Africa
News

83 Nigerian returnees arrive in Lagos from South Africa

by Deji Akintola
August 20, 2026
0

A total of 83 Nigerian returnees arrived at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, aboard a South African Airways flight from...

Read moreDetails
Tinubu appoints Enitan as head of Civil Service of the Federation

Tinubu appoints Enitan as head of Civil Service of the Federation

August 20, 2026
Tinubu dissolves committee on sale of federal assets

Tinubu orders 5-year nat. security threat assessment, defence plan

August 20, 2026
Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

Anyaoku warns against delayed new constitution to manage Nigeria’s diversity

August 20, 2026
Police arrest abductors of Bayelsa Judge

Police arrest suspect linked to attack on Plateau community 

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng