Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Cover

Bandits release abducted Catholic Priest, Nwadike, Seminarian

Mohammed Koi by Mohammed Koi
August 15, 2022
in Cover
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The duo of a Catholic Priest, Rev. Fr. Chinedu Nwadike and a Seminarian doing his Pastoral Studies with the Priest, kidnapped by bandits along the now notorious Leru Junction, Isuochi, Umunneochi Local Government Area of Abia State axis of the Enugu-Port Harcourt expressway, have been released.

The priest is the Deputy Registrar of Spiritan University, Nneochi (SUN), and was reportedly abducted along with the seminarian while heading to Enugu for an official assignment.

A source stated that the gentlemen have been released, but was unable to state if the N50 million ransom demanded for their release was paid.

Another source said the two religious were let go by the kidnappers after discovering that they were of the clergy, but took every valuable item found in their possession, including their shoes, but left them their documents and one travelling bags.

The kidnappers also took photographs of the two, showing they were not hurt when they released them and asked them to go their way.

Recall that several people have been kidnapped almost daily in the area with the security agencies doing practicslly nothing about it. 

It was gathered that the priest had previously escaped an attempt to abduct him on the same road some days before he got into the kidnappers’ trap.

Previous Post

We’ll meet at ICC, Ortom tells Myetti Allah

Next Post

Peter Obi: Fulani elite group, disowns Miyetti Allah

Next Post

Peter Obi: Fulani elite group, disowns Miyetti Allah

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
ICPC, PenCom recover ₦3bn as crackdown on pension defaulters intensifies
Business

PenCom may miss PPP target as 91% accounts remain unfunded

by Newsdesk Africa
August 16, 2026
0

… remittances fell to N559.42bn in Q1 2026 By Sam Otuonye The National Pension Commission (PenCom) has said it will...

Read moreDetails
Mbaise yam festival 2026: Akagburuonye ‘steals’ occasion, bags two awards, donates N50m

Mbaise yam festival 2026: Akagburuonye ‘steals’ occasion, bags two awards, donates N50m

August 16, 2026
Certificate Forgery: Atiku wants Tinubu, his cabinet members probed

Atiku congratulates Adeleke, says Osun poll is a forerunner of 2027 general elections 

August 16, 2026
How my visit to Benue on humanitarian activities was aborted – Obi

When the people stand, democracy wins, says Peter Obi on Osun state poll

August 16, 2026
Bandit commander’s Lt. Biliya reportedly killed in Katsina military ambush

Bandit commander’s Lt. Biliya reportedly killed in Katsina military ambush

August 16, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng