Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

I’ll restore subsidy if elected in 2027 – Atiku

Newsdesk Africa by Newsdesk Africa
August 20, 2026
in Politics
0
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) presidential, Atiku Abubakar, has vowed to restore fuel subsidies if elected President in the 2027 general elections.

Atiku stated this during a Hausa-speaking interview on the PAP show on Wednesday, saying anyone who had stolen funds meant for fuel subsidy would be made to return the money if he assumes office.

Tinubu announced the end of petrol subsidy during his inauguration on May 29, 2023, describing the scheme as unsustainable.

On Wednesday the Federal Government said the removal of the petrol subsidy and the liberalisation of the naira have generated N15.8 trillion in savings for the federation between June 2023 and December 2025.

However, during the interview, the former Vice President said despite the removal of fuel subsidy, the Tinubu administration had failed to improve the lives of Nigerians.

Atiku acknowledged that he initially supported the removal but said developments since then had changed his position.

“I initially did not oppose the removal of the fuel subsidy. But now that it has been removed, where is the money?” Atiku said.

The presidential candidate pledged to reverse the policy if he defeats Tinubu in the January 2027 presidential election.

He added, “If I win the presidential election, I will restore the subsidy. And anyone who stole Nigeria’s subsidy funds must return the money. Now it has been removed. Where is the money? 

“If the funds were used to improve healthcare, education, insecurity, security and youth empowerment, things would have been better.”

Atiku also questioned the N15 trillion the Tinubu administration said it had saved, arguing injustice and corruption among political leaders were the main reasons Nigerians are suffering.

He said in the past, those who stole public funds were forced to return their loots. (Daily Trust)

Previous Post

214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

Next Post

2027 my final attempt at presidency – Atiku

Next Post
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

2027 my final attempt at presidency – Atiku

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu
Politics

Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu

by Mohammed Koi
August 20, 2026
0

The Governor of Osun State, Ademola Adeleke, on Thursday, presented his Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission...

Read moreDetails
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

2027 my final attempt at presidency – Atiku

August 20, 2026
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

I’ll restore subsidy if elected in 2027 – Atiku

August 20, 2026
214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

August 20, 2026
Tribute to a brother, friend, patriot, Muhammadu Buhari – IBB

Atiku cannot rule Nigeria — IBB

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng