Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

US will attack Iran in two or three days if no deal is reached – Trump

Mohammed Koi by Mohammed Koi
May 20, 2026
in News, World
0
US will attack Iran in two or three days if no deal is reached – Trump
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

 

US President Donald Trump has threatened that Iran has “two or three days” to reach a deal to end the war or face renewed attacks.

An Iranian official says the US threat of a massive assault at any moment will be met “resolutely” and Iran is “prepared to confront any military aggression”.

Iran’s President Masoud Pezeshkian says “dialogue does not mean surrender”, and Tehran has entered talks with “dignity, authority, and the preservation of the nation’s rights”.

Trump had earlier said that he stopped his purported attack plan at the urging of Gulf Arab allies, which Iran has threatened with reciprocal attacks if the United States and Israel end a nearly six-week ceasefire.

Trump, who had indefinitely extended the truce and made clear he wants to exit a war that has proven to be a political liability, said he had prepared a new attack for Tuesday after Iran refused his outlines of a deal.

The leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates asked him “to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, whichDonald Trump was scheduled for tomorrow, in that serious negotiations are now taking place,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform.

But Trump added he had instructed the US military to be “prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached.”

Speaking later at a White House event, Trump said there had been a “very positive development” and that Arab allies said a deal was near that would leave Iran without nuclear weapons, which Tehran denies pursuing.

“There seems to be a very good chance that they can work something out. If we can do that without bombing the hell out of them, I’d be very happy,” Trump said.

Iran has repeatedly rebuffed Trump’s offers and has exerted control over the Strait of Hormuz, the vital waterway into the Gulf, sending global oil prices spiraling.

Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei confirmed exchanges with the United States through mediator Pakistan and said Tehran made clear its “concerns.”

The cleric-run state, whose supreme leader was killed in the initial strikes on February 28 but has proven resilient, is demanding the release of Iranian assets frozen abroad, the lifting of long-standing sanctions and reparations for the war.

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian, considered a moderate in a system increasingly dominated since the war by the hardline Revolutionary Guards, said that speaking with Washington “does not mean surrender” and that Iran would defend its “dignity” and rights.

Iran’s Fars news agency said Sunday that Washington had presented a five-point list, which included a demand for Iran to keep only one nuclear site in operation and transfer its stockpile of highly enriched uranium to the United States.

US authorities had refused to release “even 25 percent” of Iran’s frozen assets or pay any reparations, Fars said.

But Iran’s Tasnim news agency, citing an unnamed source close to the Iranian negotiating team, said the United States made one new step forward in the latest text by agreeing to waive oil sanctions while negotiations were underway. (AP)

Previous Post

Over 15,800 people killed in Russia’s all-out war on Ukraine – UN

Next Post

Police rescue 11 kidnap victims in Katsina, recover 25 rustled cows

Next Post
Police rebukes CJTF, says no Boko Haram terrorist arrested in Lagos

Police rescue 11 kidnap victims in Katsina, recover 25 rustled cows

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Oyo Kidnapping: Esin-Ele leaders go spiritual
Labour

Oyo Kidnapping: Esin-Ele leaders go spiritual

by Eze Chidozie
May 20, 2026
0

Faced with uncertainty over efforts by security forces, residents of Esin-Ele community in Oyo State have intensified spiritual efforts to...

Read moreDetails
Gunmen attack Amaechi’s convoy, burn ADC office in Rivers

My grouse with ADC leadership – Rotimi Amaechi 

May 20, 2026
Police rebukes CJTF, says no Boko Haram terrorist arrested in Lagos

Police rescue 11 kidnap victims in Katsina, recover 25 rustled cows

May 20, 2026
US will attack Iran in two or three days if no deal is reached – Trump

US will attack Iran in two or three days if no deal is reached – Trump

May 20, 2026
Over 15,800 people killed in Russia’s all-out war on Ukraine – UN

Over 15,800 people killed in Russia’s all-out war on Ukraine – UN

May 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng