Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home World

Over 15,800 people killed in Russia’s all-out war on Ukraine – UN

Deji Akintola by Deji Akintola
May 20, 2026
in World
0
Over 15,800 people killed in Russia’s all-out war on Ukraine – UN
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The United Nations has said 15,850 people, including 791 children, have been killed in Ukraine since Russia’s full-scale invasion of the neighbouring country in February 2022.

The “actual figures are likely significantly higher”, Kayoko Gotoh, Europe and Central Asia director of the UN’s Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (DPPA), told the UN Security Council on Tuesday.

Peace talks have stalled between Ukraine and Russia. US President Donald Trump has attempted to mediate and announced the most recent three-day ceasefire earlier this month, but fighting has resumed.

Tuesday’s Russian attacks on Ukraine killed at least six people.

A 15-year-old boy was among three people killed in a Russian ballistic missile attack on the city of Pryluky in north-central Ukraine’s Chernihiv region on Tuesday morning, according to the State Emergency Service of Ukraine.

In the region of Sumy, two people were killed in an attack carried out by two Russian drones in the city of Hlukhiv in the Shostka district on Tuesday morning, the Sumy Regional Prosecutor’s Office said on Facebook.

In the evening attack on the same region, at least one person was killed and another injured in a Russian drone strike on a civilian car in the city of Buryn, according to the head of the regional military administration, Oleg Grigorov.

In Russia, two people were killed and six injured over the past 24 hours in a Ukrainian drone attack on the village of Borisovka in the region of Belgorod, according to Acting Governor Alexander Shuvaev.

Russia’s Defence Ministry said it intercepted and destroyed 70 Ukrainian drones in six hours between 05:00 GMT and 11:00 GMT on Tuesday over the various Russian regions as well as Ukraine’s annexed Crimean Peninsula.

Multiple drones that were heading towards the capital Moscow were shot down, Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said. But in the Yaroslavl region, an industrial facility was hit by a drone, according to Governor Mikhail Yevrayev.

On Tuesday evening, two men were injured in a Ukrainian attack on a gas station in the village of Smotrova Buda in Bryansk region’s Klintsovsky district, according to Acting Bryansk Governor Yegor Kovalchuk, who did not specify whether the attack was carried out with a drone or a missile.

Previous Post

Nigeria to battle Tanzania, Madagascar, Guinea-Bissau in 2027 AFCON qualifiers

Next Post

US will attack Iran in two or three days if no deal is reached – Trump

Next Post
US will attack Iran in two or three days if no deal is reached – Trump

US will attack Iran in two or three days if no deal is reached - Trump

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Pension: Senate confirms Oloworaran as substantive PenCom DG
Business

Pension: Senate confirms Oloworaran as substantive PenCom DG

by Newsdesk Africa
August 21, 2026
0

By Sam Otuonye The Senate on Thursday, at plenary, confirmed the nomination of Omolola Oloworaran for appointment as the substantive...

Read moreDetails
Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu

Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu

August 20, 2026
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

2027 my final attempt at presidency – Atiku

August 20, 2026
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

I’ll restore subsidy if elected in 2027 – Atiku

August 20, 2026
214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng