Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

23 confirmed dead in Maiduguri bomb explosions, 108 injured

Bature Magaji by Bature Magaji
March 17, 2026
in News
0
Zulum dismisses defection rumours
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


The Police Command in Borno on Tuesday confirmed 23 persons killed and 108 injured at Maiduguri, during the multiple explosions on Monday.

The police said that suspected suicide bombers allegedly carried out the suicide attacks at 7:24 p.m..

ASP Nahum Daso, the command’s spokesperson, said in a statement that preliminary investigations indicated that the explosions were carried out using improvised explosive devices (IEDs) by suspected suicide bombers.

Daso said that the incidents were carried out at the Maiduguri Central Market, popularly known as Monday Market, the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital’s gate, and the Post Office Flyover area of the town.

According to him, a combined team of Police Tactical Units, military personnel, and other joint security operatives was swiftly deployed to the affected areas.

The spokesperson said that the scenes were immediately secured and cordoned off, while the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Unit conducted thorough sweep operations to ensure no additional threats remained.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Naziru Abdulmajid, visited the scenes for an on-the-spot assessment and commiserated with victims and their families.

Daso, however, assured residents of the command’s commitment to safeguarding lives and property.

The spokesperson said that victims were evacuated by emergency responders, including the National Emergency Management Agency and the Borno State Emergency Management Agency, to medical facilities for treatment.

Daso said normalcy had been restored in the affected areas, while security had been heightened across the metropolis to forestall further incidents.

The spokesperson urged residents to remain calm and vigilant and report any suspicious movements or objects to security agencies.

Daso reiterated the command’s commitment to maintaining peace and security in the state. (NAN)

Previous Post

CBN orders banks to reverse failed ATM transactions immediately

Next Post

Borno Explosion:  Tinubu has abandoned his duties – Obi

Next Post
8 Div GOC’s convoy foils deadly ambush in Kebbi

Borno Explosion:  Tinubu has abandoned his duties - Obi

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Police arrest abductors of Bayelsa Judge
Power

Suspects arrested for vandalism of Nkalagu–Abakiliki 132kV transmission line

by Maurice Okosisi
May 19, 2026
0

The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has announced the arrest of two suspects in connection with the vandalism of Towers...

Read moreDetails
The power of a personal brand

Obi emerges NDC’s sole presidential aspirant for 2027 elections

May 19, 2026
ADC screens over 70 governorship aspirants for primaries

ADC screens over 70 governorship aspirants for primaries

May 19, 2026
Fire guts part of National Hospital, Abuja

Fire guts part of National Hospital, Abuja

May 19, 2026
Funtua Council Chairman meets bandits in Katsina on peace mission amid threats of U.S. military threat, sanctions

9 persons of interest arrested over Oyo school attack – Makinde

May 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng