Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Army intercepts 296 large wraps of suspected cannabis in Ogun

Newsdesk Africa by Newsdesk Africa
March 3, 2026
in Crime
0
8 Div GOC’s convoy foils deadly ambush in Kebbi
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The 35 Artillery Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Abeokuta, has disclosed that it intercepted 296 large wraps of suspected cannabis on the Abeokuta -Igboora road on Sunday.

Maj. Samuel Akari, Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, 35 Artillery Brigade, disclosed this in a statement in Abeokuta on Tuesday.

Akari said that the troops acted on a strategic tip-off on the planned movement of the substances on the road at 4:30am.

He also said that the substances were concealed in three massive sacks.

He said that the exhibits which include a motorcycle used by the suspect who fled into the bush of siting the army personnel had been handed over to the National Drug Law and Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Ogun Command for further action.

He reiterated the command’s resolve to make the state unsafe for drug traffickers and other criminal elements, urging them to engage in legitimate businesses or find themselves in the net of security agencies.

He reassured the general public that the Nigerian Army remained committed to protecting lives and properties, maintaining robust presence across the state and preventing criminals from operating with impunity. (NAN)

Previous Post

Enugu gov’t grants 90-day amnesty for buildings without approval

Next Post

el-Rufai’s N1bn rights suit against ICPC, others suffers setback

Next Post
ICPC alleges Spy Gear, N100bn fraud in el-Rufai’s Asokoro home

el-Rufai’s N1bn rights suit against ICPC, others suffers setback

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Nigerians must take stance, determine where country is headed democratically – Obi
Cover

2027: Obi unveils prpduction-focused economic, security agenda

by Maurice Okosisi
August 22, 2026
0

*Urges Nigerians to reject ethnic, religious politics The presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Peter Obi, has unveiled...

Read moreDetails
Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

August 22, 2026
Power: FG seeks collaboration with EU

Geregu Power: Yari moves to settle outstanding bond obligation

August 22, 2026
2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

2027: INEC seeks Canada’s support on electoral technology, AI, inclusivity

August 22, 2026
Obi’s litigious reflexes vs Adeyanju’s burden of truth

Why Atiku’s subsidy gambit rattles Tinubu

August 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng