Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Obi speaks after shooting incident in Benin

Maurice Okosisi by Maurice Okosisi
February 25, 2026
in Politics
0
Why I serve food at public functions, by Peter Obi
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

*Laments state of Nigeria’s democracy

The 2023 Presidential candidate of Labour Party (LP) has spoken after a shooting incident at the office of African Democratic Congress (ADC) event in Benin, capital of Edo State.

Obi, who spoke during his visit to the ADC office in Benin after the hoodlums attack, said: “Look at how hoodlums came and started shooting at the ADC office.

“Look at the bullets scattered on the ground and the several cars that were damaged.

“This is the state our democracy has reached. This cannot continue. We have a country, and we are part of it.”

Hoodlums had earlier on Tuesday invaded the venue, shooting indiscriminately. 

They chased the vehicle carrying the former Governor of Anambra State from the venue to the residence of the former Edo State Governor and former national chairman of All Progressive Congress (APC), Chief John Oyegun.

The political event was being hosted by the Edo State branch of African Democratic Congress (ADC).

A statement by Media Aide to Obi said: “At an ADC event today, hoodlums invaded the venue and began shooting.

“They specifically chased the vehicle carrying Mr. Peter Obi to Chief John Onyegu’s house and continued their attack. This happened a few minutes ago.

“The situation remains chaotic, and those nearby are trying to ascertain whether Mr. Obi was wounded.

“Latest information indicates he was not injured; he’s safe.”

Previous Post

We didn’t pay any ransom to Boko Haram’ to secure St. Mary’s Papiri schoolchildren – FG

Next Post

Nigeria: FG rejects U.S. Congress report on alleged ‘religious persecution’

Next Post
US court orders FBI, anti-drug agency to release investigation dossiers on Tinubu

Nigeria: FG rejects U.S. Congress report on alleged ‘religious persecution’

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu
Politics

Osun election: Adeleke presents Certificate of Return to Tinubu

by Mohammed Koi
August 20, 2026
0

The Governor of Osun State, Ademola Adeleke, on Thursday, presented his Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission...

Read moreDetails
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

2027 my final attempt at presidency – Atiku

August 20, 2026
Tinubu’s govt has failed Nigerians — Atiku

I’ll restore subsidy if elected in 2027 – Atiku

August 20, 2026
214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

214 UNICAL students file N5bn suit challenging removal from Law faculty

August 20, 2026
Tribute to a brother, friend, patriot, Muhammadu Buhari – IBB

Atiku cannot rule Nigeria — IBB

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng