Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Cover

2 Soldiers among suspects arrested for collaborating in kidnap of Methodist Church Prelate, 2 others

Mohammed Koi by Mohammed Koi
June 21, 2022
in Cover
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Two soldiers who were implicated in the kidnap of the Methodist Church Nigeria Prelate, His Eminence Samuel Kanu Uche, have been arrested.

The Prelate, along with the Methodist Bishop of Owerri Diocese, Rt. Rvd. Dennis Mark and the Prelate’s chaplain were on Sunday May 29, 2022, kidnapped in Umunneochi Local Government Area (LGA) of Abia state.

His Eminence, Uche, later told journalists at the Methodist Church Yaba, Lagos State that their abductors were Fulani, alleging that some personnel of the Nigerian Army of Fulani extraction were aiding the kidnappers in their activities.

But this revelation infuriated the Nigerian Army, who not only immediately absolved the Army, but threatened to arrest the Prelate for daring to link the Army to their abduction.

Similarly, the Police hierarchy disowned the statements by the Commander of the Police Tactical Team deployed to investigate the kidnap who in a viral video, while attempting to calm frayed nerves of youths of the area who wanted the Army out the place for allegedly aiding and abeting criminality.

The Inspector-General of Police had said the Police Commander was not authorised to speak, especially with a more senior police office who was on the assignment with him and so, indicted him.

He is currently facing Police disciplinary action.

According to the Prelate, “The irony of it (concerning their abduction), where they were situated (the kidnappers), the soldiers are all of Fulani extraction.

“They were there at Lomara junction and these boys were operating behind them. Meanwhile they kept their cows somewhere, and abducting people driving along the road without any intervention of the Soldiers.”

However, indicators have emerged that some suspects involved in the abduction have been nabbed by Nigeria Police operatives from Zone 9 headquarters, Umuahia, Abia State.

Sources had earlier informed that crack in the lead in the case was made some days ago when one of the prime suspects was picked up at the bank as he made deposit of his own share of N20 million of the ransom paid by the Methodist Church for the release of the Prelate and the two other clergy with him.

After preliminary investigation, the suspect was said to have implicated two serving soldiers.

Sources say the two soldiers have been arrested and may have been moved to Abuja for further investigation.

The prime suspect, who pretends to be an Okada rider, may have recruited others,  including the criminal herdsmen to carry out the abduction.

Previous Post

Senate receives names of 7 ministerial nominees from Buhari for confirmation

Next Post

Senate receives names of 7 ministerial nominees from Buhari for confirmation

Next Post

Senate receives names of 7 ministerial nominees from Buhari for confirmation

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Anambra Govt bans expensive condolence gifts
News

Anambra Govt bans expensive condolence gifts

by Ada Okafor
May 18, 2026
0

*Abolishes public display, dancing with caskets, others *Offenders risk ₦100,000 fine, six months imprisonment The Government of Anambra State has...

Read moreDetails
Fresh Killings: Suspend rhetoric, get to work, Atiku tells Tinubu

Rising debt servicing threatens development — Obi

May 18, 2026
Operation Lafiyan Jama’a winning the war as 6 Brigade Troops recover weapons, destroy bandits camps in Taraba State

US, Nigerian forces kill at least 20 ISIS militants in fresh airstrikes – AFRICOM

May 18, 2026
Cartels shift drug manufacturing to Africa

Cartels shift drug manufacturing to Africa

May 18, 2026
Charge or Release El-Rufai now Group charges FG, calls on opposition leaders to speak out

Wire Tapping: el-Rufai granted N100m bail

May 18, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng