Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

Kaduna ADC Attack: El-Rufai, top party leaders invited by the Police 

Mohammed Koi by Mohammed Koi
September 5, 2025
in Crime
0
Kaduna ADC Attack: El-Rufai, top party leaders invited by the Police 
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The immediate past governor of Kaduna State, Malam Nasir el-Rufai, has been summoned by the Kaduna State Police Command.

He was summoned alongside key members of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) in Kaduna.

In a letter dated September 4, 2025, signed by the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Uzainu Abdullahi, they were invited for questioning over alleged criminal conspiracy, incitement of public disturbance, mischief, and causing grievous hurt.

The letter reads, “This Department is currently investigating the above mentioned case involving the following members of your party. You are requested to come along with them to SCID to clarify allegations reported against them by the complainants on 8th September, 2025.

“Mal. Nasir el-Rufa’i, Bashir Sa’idu, Jafaru Sani, Ubaidullah Mohammed, aka 30, Nasiru Maikano, Aminu Abita, and Ahmed Rufa’i Hussaini, aka Mikiya.”

When contacted, the ADC North-West Vice Chairman, Jafaru Sani, whose name was also listed, told Daily Trust that most of them got to know of the invitation through social media.

“Yes, most of us only saw the statement on social media,” he said, declining further comments.

Last week, the Kaduna State Government and el-Rufai engaged in heated exchanges over the violence which rocked an ADC meeting in Kaduna.

The government had accused el-Rufai of plotting to destabilise the state through provocative actions and inflammatory statements, an allegation he denied.


In a statement signed by the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Dr. Suleiman Shuaibu, the government said it would not fold its arms and watch el-Rufai plunge Kaduna back into violence, division, and insecurity.

“This Government will not fold its arms and allow a discredited former leader, who left the state in ruins, to ignite chaos and plunge the state into another era of ethno-religious tension, insecurity, and economic stagnation,” the statement read.

According to the Commissioner, el-Rufai’s recent activities including convening what he described as an “illegal and chaotic” political meeting that reportedly ended in violence are part of a calculated attempt to incite unrest.

The statement accused him of exploiting old wounds and peddling dangerous lies in response to the defeat of his political allies in the August 16 by-elections.

But the former governor maintained his innocence, accusing the ruling party in the state of attempting to silence the opposition.

Previous Post

Reduce your harsh anti-people policies, group tells Gov. Mbah

Next Post

CBT: WAEC mandates 250 computers, CCTV for participating schools

Next Post
CBT: WAEC mandates 250 computers, CCTV for participating schools

CBT: WAEC mandates 250 computers, CCTV for participating schools

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Amuka, Osoba, Ugochukwu, Obaigbena, Momoh, 400 other editors converge on Enugu
News

Onaiyekan, Mbah, Osigwe to speak at NGE 2026 conference in Enugu Sept 24, 25

by Ada Okafor
August 23, 2026
0

*Yadudu, Okunna, Dr. Okoye too   *Obi of Onitsha to chair event The 2026 All Nigeria Editors Conference (ANEC) scheduled for...

Read moreDetails
Beyond the Crown: The vision shaping Asaba’s future

Beyond the Crown: The vision shaping Asaba’s future

August 23, 2026
Turkey: Osimhen becomes third-highest scoring foreign player in Galatasaray’s history

Turkey: Osimhen becomes third-highest scoring foreign player in Galatasaray’s history

August 23, 2026
Your addiction to loans mortgaging Nigeria’s future, Atiku tells Tinubu

Tinubu’s case: Don’t cover the truth from Nigerians, Atiku tells FBI

August 23, 2026
Troops dismantle IPOB, ESN bases, recover weapons, IED-making materials in Anambra

Troops dismantle IPOB, ESN bases, recover weapons, IED-making materials in Anambra

August 23, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng