Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

FCTA operatives, FIRS staff clash in failed bid to takeover Revenue office 

Bature Magaji by Bature Magaji
May 26, 2025
in News
0
FCTA operatives, FIRS staff clash in failed bid to takeover Revenue office 
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Efforts by operatives of  the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) to shut and takeover some business premises in the nation’s capital, Abuja, over non-payment of Ground Rent, ran into a glitch in the Wuse Zone 3 of the city as the FCTA officials witnessed stiff resistance by some residents.

The operatives, with complement of armed security officials, have already sealed the Access Bank branch in Wuse and Total Filling Station, also in same district, in the morning hours for the said breach.

However, their bid to take over the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) office, a sister government outfit, located in the same Wuse Zone 3 axis, was stiffly resisted by security guards and policemen attached to the office.

Some staff members and security men in FIRS office were sighted in a video making the round, engaging in verbal altercations with the FCTA contingent, in front of the office premises.

Although the gate to the FIRS office was shut, apparently from the inside, the FCTA operatives moved to force their way in, but were pushed back by the FIRS staff and security stationed outside.

“A tense scene of pushing, shoving, voices screaming and hurling curses and abuses were features of the video,” said an eyewitness who spoke to our correspondent near the premises.

Mr. Lere Olayinka, the Special Assistant, Media to Nyesom Wike, the FCT Minister, posted a confirmation of the operations on his X-handle.

It could not be ascertained whether or not FCTA succeeded, but, all eyes were on the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) headquarters, Wadata Plaza, located at the same Wuse Zone 5, which the Minister of the FCT, Nyesom Wike, also, a prominent but controversial member of the party, took over last week for lack of payment of Ground Rent, thus disrupting a scheduled Board of Trustees (BoT) and National Executive Committee (NEC) meetings of the party.

FCT Ministry has indicated that over 5,000 premises would be revoked for failing to pay the Ground Rent which it had been advertising, asking members of the public to pay, if they have land allocation in FCT. 

Previous Post

Speaker capitulates, withdraws compulsory voting bill

Next Post

Kidnappers hit another Abuja estate, Grow Homes Estate Kubwa, abduct residents, one rescued

Next Post
‎21 ISWAP terrorists neutralised in fierce battle in Damboa, Borno – Army

Kidnappers hit another Abuja estate, Grow Homes Estate Kubwa, abduct residents, one rescued

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Nigerians must take stance, determine where country is headed democratically – Obi
Cover

2027: Obi unveils prpduction-focused economic, security agenda

by Maurice Okosisi
August 22, 2026
0

*Urges Nigerians to reject ethnic, religious politics The presidential candidate of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Peter Obi, has unveiled...

Read moreDetails
Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

Obi writes to Nigerian youths as European League kicks off

August 22, 2026
Power: FG seeks collaboration with EU

Geregu Power: Yari moves to settle outstanding bond obligation

August 22, 2026
2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

2027: INEC seeks Canada’s support on electoral technology, AI, inclusivity

August 22, 2026
Obi’s litigious reflexes vs Adeyanju’s burden of truth

Why Atiku’s subsidy gambit rattles Tinubu

August 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng