Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
  • Mails
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

54,000 fraudulent payroll entries detected in IPPIS — NSA reveals

Aminu Danladi by Aminu Danladi
September 9, 2022
in Business
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Federal Government has uncovered about 54,000 fraudulent payroll entries in its Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System (IPPIS) through the whistle-blowing policy.

Mr Babagana Monguno, who is the National Security Adviser (NSA) disclosed this at the National Policy Dialogue on Corruption and Security organised by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) on Friday in Abuja.

He attributed the discovery to the expansion of the coverage of IPPIS against stiff opposition from some quarters.

Monguno also said the deployment of the Bank Verification Number (BVN) to validate the Federal Government’s stance on the payment platform to the detection.

He said the implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) in more than 90 per cent of all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of the government has resulted in the consolidation of more than 70,000 bank accounts previously spread across deposit money banks in the country, leading to the monthly saving of about N4 billion in bank charges.

The event was convened to discuss the current security challenges and how corruption is fuelling the problems in the country.

Also in attendance were the President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan; the Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, and the Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, among others.

Previous Post

2023: There’s no option to APC’s victory,  Adamu declares

Next Post

All English, Scottish football fixtures postponed over Queen’s death

Next Post

All English, Scottish football fixtures postponed over Queen’s death

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Police arrest abductors of Bayelsa Judge
Crime

Police arrest suspect linked to attack on Plateau community 

by Maurice Okosisi
August 20, 2026
0

The Plateau State Police Command, in investigating the circumstances surrounding the attack on Bin'per Community, Bwoi-Ruf District, Mangu Local Government...

Read moreDetails
2027: We want transparent, credible election, ADC tell IRI

2027: We want transparent, credible election, ADC tell IRI

August 20, 2026
Frozen Account: I’ve instructed Attorney-General to drop suit against EFCC – Gov. Adeleke

60-year-old man shot dead in Gov Adeleke convoy attack in plot to get at Davido – Police

August 20, 2026
Peter Obi, CON at 65: Extolling a visionary’s enduring influence

2027: Obi unfolds agenda as campaigns begin

August 19, 2026
2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

2027: INEC targets 100m registered voters

August 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng