Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Crime

30 vigilante operatives feared killed in devastating attack by bandits

Aminu Danladi by Aminu Danladi
June 1, 2022
in Crime, Security
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Suspected bandits on Monday reportedly killed more than 30 members of the local vigilantes otherwise known as Yan Sakai in a gunfight near Gidan Dan Inna community in Auki district, Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

Residents said the armed men had earlier invaded Gidan Inna village and some other neighbouring communities and rustled cattle.

They reportedly shot dead some residents in the communities and then carted away the cows.

“Shortly afterwards, the leaders of the local vigilantes otherwise known as Yan sakai from at least 10 neighbouring communities started mobilizing their members to chase and rcover the rustled cattle from the armed criminals.

Within half an hour, the vigilantes mobilized themselves and gave the rustlers a hot chase on motorbikes. However, when the armed bandits realized that they were being pursued, they divided themselves into two, one group was asked to herd the stolen animals into the forest,” a resident, Umar Kadowa, said.

He added, “The other group then lurked around to lay ambush on approaching vigilantes. They killed more than 30 on the spot largely because the armed criminals outnumbered the vigilantes

“I saw the vigilantes on dozens of motorcycles rode towards Gidan Dan Inna village when I was going to my farm. I sensed trouble and had to come back home immediately.

“The remains of the slain vigilantes who were from more than 10 communities were later retrieved for burial at their respective villages. Fear has enveloped the residents of the communities as the armed men might come back to stage another attack.”

The spokesman for the state police command SP Muhammad Shehu could not be reached for comment. (Courtesy: Daily Trust)

Previous Post

Next time I’ll be addressing Nigerians, it will be as APC 2023 Presidential Candidate — Lawan boasts

Next Post

Several travelers kidnapped as bandits block highway, set buses ablaze in Kaduna

Next Post

Several travelers kidnapped as bandits block highway, set buses ablaze in Kaduna

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
INEC Chairman Amupitan not corrupt, insider faults Dalung’s claims
Cover

Court annuls INEC membership register deadline

by Eze Chidozie
May 21, 2026
0

The Federal High Court Thursday nullified the guidelines issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) directing political parties to...

Read moreDetails
UBA champions Diaspora healthcare investment at ANPA America symposium

UBA champions Diaspora healthcare investment at ANPA America symposium

May 21, 2026
Keeping pace with CBN’s back-to-back feats

CBN retains lending rate at 26.6% – Cardoso

May 21, 2026
Atiku at ADC screening panel, promises robust security reforms

Atiku at ADC screening panel, promises robust security reforms

May 21, 2026
Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primaries, cites peace, unity 

Fubara withdraws from Rivers APC governorship primaries, cites peace, unity 

May 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng